CHDKPTP CLI script and camera crash/freeze on ixus80_sd1100 - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

CHDKPTP CLI script and camera crash/freeze on ixus80_sd1100

• 2 Replies
CHDKPTP CLI script and camera crash/freeze on ixus80_sd1100
« on: 18 / January / 2021, 11:04:05 »
Advertisements
Hi,

I am using my old canon PowerShot SD1100 IS (ixus80_sd1100) running CHDK 1.5.1 rev 5694 for a time lapse shoot. The photo is triggered via a linux script using CHDKPTP CLI interface.
I am having random camera freeze/crash. The freeze sometimes happen after 10 photos, sometimes after 100 and sometimes after 5.

I am using a fairly simple script to trigger a photo, and keep it in Camera SD card. The script is as follows

<path to chdkptp>/chdkptp.sh -c -erec -eshoot -eplay

Can you please help me know what could be wrong ? I have not enabled any logging, is there any logging by default to help me figure out the problem.

Camera: PowerShot SD1100 IS (ixus80_sd1100)
CHDK Build:  1.5.1 rev 5694
Script/command being used: chdkptp.sh -c -erec -eshoot -eplay
Machine: Raspberry PI

Offline reyalp

Re: CHDKPTP CLI script and camera crash/freeze on ixus80_sd1100
« Reply #1 on: 18 / January / 2021, 13:40:19 »
I am using my old canon PowerShot SD1100 IS (ixus80_sd1100) running CHDK 1.5.1 rev 5694 for a time lapse shoot. The photo is triggered via a linux script using CHDKPTP CLI interface.
I am having random camera freeze/crash. The freeze sometimes happen after 10 photos, sometimes after 100 and sometimes after 5.

I am using a fairly simple script to trigger a photo, and keep it in Camera SD card. The script is as follows

<path to chdkptp>/chdkptp.sh -c -erec -eshoot -eplay
Can you tell whether the camera actually crashed (shut down) or if only the PTP connection is hung? If it's only the PTP connection, the screen should still be on.

Does chdkptp output any errors message when it happens?

If the cameras has crashed, please get a romlog (https://chdk.fandom.com/wiki/Debugging#Camera_crash_logs_.28romlog.29) and post it here as an attachment. You can download the romlog using the following in chdkptp
Code: [Select]
!require'extras/devutil'.init_cli()
dromlog

My first guess would be that the camera doesn't like the rec/play switch and shoot so close together. You could try something like the following to put a half second delay between each step
chdkptp.sh -c -erec -e"exec sys.sleep(500)" -eshoot -e"exec sys.sleep(500)"  -eplay
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Re: CHDKPTP CLI script and camera crash/freeze on ixus80_sd1100
« Reply #2 on: 19 / January / 2021, 06:32:34 »
Thanks for reply
Can you tell whether the camera actually crashed (shut down) or if only the PTP connection is hung? If it's only the PTP connection, the screen should still be on.
The camera becomes unresponsive, the screen goes black, power led remains ON, and power button does not respond. I have to remove battery pack to hard reboot the camera.

My first guess would be that the camera doesn't like the rec/play switch and shoot so close together. You could try something like the following to put a half second delay between each step
chdkptp.sh -c -erec -e"exec sys.sleep(500)" -eshoot -e"exec sys.sleep(500)"  -eplay
I will try with sleep command to see if that helps