IXUS75/SD750 1.01a | 1.00b | 1.02a - Update 09Nov2008 - Passing the Torch - page 14 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

IXUS75/SD750 1.01a | 1.00b | 1.02a - Update 09Nov2008 - Passing the Torch

• 381 Replies
Advertisements
I just wanted to add that I've been using the 1.01a version on my 1.01b SD750 for about a month now.
The problems I have experienced are:
- the super imposed graphics for the select and set wheel often cover the CHDK menus
- bracketing in continuous mode does not seem to set down (but I could be doing it all wrong)
- Motion Detect and HDR bracketing scripts don't seem to run at all

This is my first experience with CHDK, and even with the wrong version I am extremely satisfied and amazed at the progress.
Having an onscreen battery meter was my primary objective. RAW support was another bonus.

After reviewing some of the posts above, I do not think that I tried any video uses, but will if that would help (I suspect that with the wrong firmware for the version I'm using it may just be to much noise.)

I look forward to a chance to test on a build for my firmware, and will report back on any issues once it is posted.

Thanks for the work so far!
Phill
PowerShot SD 750 1.01b

@phillfox
I just wanted to add that I've been using the 1.01a version on my 1.01b SD750 for about a month now.

I would like to give 1.01a a try on my SD750. Can you tell me from where did you download that version of the firmware? Thanks :)

Edit: Never mind: I got it from the beginning post of this thread. But 1.01a is of no use to me as my SD750 came with 1.02a. I am so looking forward to SD750 CHDK 1.02a....
« Last Edit: 15 / May / 2008, 18:34:13 by kaarigar »

Hey thanks for working on this model.

Here's my feedback:

European  Ixus75
Version:
 Canon DIGITAL IXUS 75
 P-ID:314E  PAL V

Firmware Ver GM1.00B
 E18
 Jan 24 2007  12:39:53

My firm dumped is (I think it's the same of MatteKarla):

zSHARE - ixus75_sd750_100b_dumped.zip

Cleaned version:

zSHARE - ixus75_sd750_100b_dumped_clean.zip

I don't know much about this, but If somebody can work on a version of CHDK for this firm I'll help testing and reporting.

« Last Edit: 16 / May / 2008, 07:38:01 by Slap »
SD750 - Firm 1.00b

Offline solarflare

• IXUS75 1.02a
    • My storm chasing gallery
Has anyone thought to test video recording yet?

Do you mean videotaping those crashes with another camera and then uploading the video to the net? I could do that if it would really help.

My firm dumped is (I think it's the same of MatteKarla):

I don't know who did the 1.00b dump, but that's the one I've been trying to get running.
Also your dump is identical to the one i found in the wiki.

Haven't succeded yet, and this is the first attempt att porting anything like this.
The display just goes black.

I copied TPC's code and checked all changes in all files except movie_rec.c
compared to the 1.00b dump.
And there are a lot of addresses I'm not really sure about.

For example in boot.c:
    long *canon_data_src = (void*)0xFFB95320;
    long *canon_data_dst = (void*)0x1900;
    long canon_data_len = 0xCBF0;
    long *canon_bss_start = (void*)0xE4F0;
    long canon_bss_len = 0xBF650 - 0xE4F0;
IXUS75/SD750 1.00B

Hey guys!
Just found out about CHDK, and...tried the 1.02a CHDK, built May12th'08.

Unfortunately, CHDK crashes after same steps than everybody:

(1) press print button (ALT)
(2) press DISP
(3) navigate to anything, change anything
(4) press DISP (CHDK crashes)

Well...actually, I cannot exit Main Menu to get my new settings saved, or to go back to take pictures.
Only buttons I can use to try to exit are ALT and DISP and...they both turns camera off.

Anyone got to get it working properly??
Thanks in advance from Spain, guys! :-)

GAZZA

Canon Ixus75/SD750

GAZZA

AFAIK, no one has it working for 1.02a. We all are anxiously waiting to hear from TPC, who is working on the 1.02a port.

Any updates, TPC?

Kaarigar

Offline TPC

• SD750 1.01a
GAZZA

AFAIK, no one has it working for 1.02a. We all are anxiously waiting to hear from TPC, who is working on the 1.02a port.

Any updates, TPC?

Kaarigar

I'm still going line for line through the code. I haven't posted anything because I don't want people getting frustrated with the fact that I'm not giving them a working build of CHDK, though I'm sure some of you are, and rightfully so! However I will answer cries of "WHERE THE HELL IS IT", so, here you go.

*answer*

After this iteration, maybe a few more, I'll see about posting my source code. I haven't done it yet because 1) I'm still working on it and 2) that would create a code sync nightmare without write access to the SVN.

In the meantime, here is a picture of a cat.

I feel the same way sometimes.

About things that are not birds.

erm.

BACK TO IDA SEE YOU GUYS LATER

Hey TPC!

If you need me to test your builds, just let me know...
And...I will wait whetever you need to get CHDK 1.02a working, mate!. I mean it. No matter it takes another month or whateva.  :-)
I (we) appreciate your great effort, and...pitty that I cannot programm; I would help you out if so...

See ya!,

GAZZA

Canon Ixus75/SD750

Thanks for all your time and effort at this. Again, if you want anything testing on the 1.02a version, ill help however I can.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know if its possible to initialise a configuration at startup? All i really want is to enable the RAWs.