S100 Firmware Dump - page 2 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

S100 Firmware Dump

• 13 Replies
Re: S100 Firmware Dump
« Reply #10 on: 01 / July / 2012, 10:51:25 »
Advertisements
I've purchased an S100 and I'm trying to dump the firmware (which is 1.01B) using cBasic dumper. But I'm having difficulties running the script on de S100. It doesn't seem to responde to the 'FUNCTION' button.
Sometimes the color palette does not show up very well on the display so it looks like nothing has happened.  But the PRIMARY.BIN file will still be on the SD card.    Did you look there ?

Otherwise,  please provide a step-by-step description of what you tried ?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #11 on: 01 / July / 2012, 14:33:44 »
Sometimes the color palette does not show up very well on the display so it looks like nothing has happened.  But the PRIMARY.BIN file will still be on the SD card.    Did you look there ?

You're right, its was on the SD card. Thanx  ;)

I will post the firmware dump. Hopefully someone is able to work on an CHDK for the 1.01B any time soon.
So i can get this baby to work!!

« Reply #12 on: 01 / July / 2012, 14:54:35 »

You're right, its was on the SD card. Thanx  ;)

I will post the firmware dump. Hopefully someone is able to work on an CHDK for the 1.01B any time soon.
So i can get this baby to work!!
@reyalp : given this is a common problem (text not being visible),  I wonder if its worth upgrading your cbdumper script to allow the text color to be defined (like was done here :  http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Canon_Basic#LED_Test ) or maybe even cycle through various colors using  LCDMsg_ChangeColor(a,cl) - display would overload but so what - most people will only ever use this once.

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline reyalp

« Reply #13 on: 01 / July / 2012, 15:24:43 »
Since the colors vary by camera (and what is visible depends on the pictures used on the card), just changing it will not necessarily help. Cycling would, but it seems like unnecessarily complexity.

Might be more to the point to just remove the LCD display entirely, and put a big bold YOU MUST CHECK THE CARD on the page ?

For now, I've updated the instructions to be more explicit.
Don't forget what the H stands for.