S100 porting thread - page 9 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

S100 porting thread

• 286 Replies
Re: S100 porting thread
« Reply #80 on: 12 / May / 2012, 16:30:20 »
Advertisements
Hello all

I've finally jumped in after reading about CHDK for a while and got it running on my S100. I've managed to get the intervalometer working (which is what I need) but I was wondering, I noticed that when selecting the script, there is no icon/shading etc in the script library to indicate which script is selected, so you kind of have to guess how far you've scrolled to see if you've selected the right script. Is this normal or a bug? Part of the alpha process on the CHDK? (Also, the OSD flickers slightly during use)

Sorry if it's common knowledge, this is all totally new to me!

Offline reyalp

« Reply #81 on: 12 / May / 2012, 16:57:57 »
I've managed to get the intervalometer working (which is what I need) but I was wondering, I noticed that when selecting the script, there is no icon/shading etc in the script library to indicate which script is selected, so you kind of have to guess how far you've scrolled to see if you've selected the right script. Is this normal or a bug?
The selected item in a menu or file browser should be highlighted with different color background. Note that camera color palettes change depending on what mode the camera is in, so the colors might be right in playback and wrong in record.

Example of what it should look like: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091206143845/chdk/images/thumb/0/0f/TextFileRead-Change_Font_etc.jpg/830px-TextFileRead-Change_Font_etc.jpg

You can customize all the colors, but the default should allow you to tell which item is selected. The exact colors may be different from what's in the screenshot, because the cameras have a limited palette that varies between models.
(Also, the OSD flickers slightly during use)
This is probably normal, the CHDK and original firmware drawing routines aren't really aware of each other.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #82 on: 12 / May / 2012, 17:30:18 »
One thing you could do is try blinking LEDs at various points to see how far it gets.

How and where do I set that up?  Or point me to instructions. :)  Thanks!

zpyder----Playback mode is fine so if you select the script in playback mode you will see the highlighted scripts. The problem is the shooting mode palette.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #83 on: 12 / May / 2012, 17:45:14 »
One thing you could do is try blinking LEDs at various points to see how far it gets.

How and where do I set that up?  Or point me to instructions. :)  Thanks!
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Debugging#LEDs
Probably not worth attempting if you aren't a programmer, if you don't know what you are doing it's very easy to cause new crashes rather than actually discovering where it's crashing now.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #84 on: 12 / May / 2012, 17:48:18 »
reyalp----it okay I figured as much : )

I will just keep  doing what I can

« Reply #85 on: 12 / May / 2012, 20:50:03 »
Figured out how to fix the script highlight issue  :D :

in \platform\camera\platform_camera.h

we just need to change the 9 to 7:
Code: [Select]
#undef  CAM_BITMAP_PALETTE
#define CAM_BITMAP_PALETTE              7

With this all menu are readable.

It is not as colorful though.  If you don't like the colors change it using.

Alt menu>Visual Setting>

Change "Menu background" and "Symbol Background Color" to change colors

Question ??? :
Can I set individual colors manually in "platform_camera.h" or another file?
Just so I can refine this a little more.

« Last Edit: 13 / May / 2012, 00:12:28 by colon247 »

« Reply #86 on: 12 / May / 2012, 22:21:45 »
Question ??? :
Can I set individual colors manually in "platform_camera.h" or another file?
The colors used by CHDK are defined in palettes contained in core/gui_draw.h.    These values map against the colors you see when you use the Visual Settings menu to look at any of the color choices.   Unfortunately, if you look at that CHDK menu when the camera is in different modes ( shooting, playback, menu, ...)  you will get much different colors.   For many cameras,  the first 32 colors (or so) stay the same across modes so if you can select from them it helps a bit.  There is a really complicated fix that philmoz got working for a couple of his cameras but it has not been extended to any other cameras.

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #87 on: 12 / May / 2012, 23:55:08 »
 :-[  oops....earlier I made a mistake.....I did not update all the files in my chdk folder.....so I ended up with semi transparent window in play.

well turn out it was actually solid grey.....small mistake and I just dont want to give misinformation

I fixed that post for anyone who reads it in the future.

Question:

how long does it take for changes to make it into the trunk?

I ask because c10ud posted a patch/update on may 7th and it still has not gone in.

How do I make one so I can add the palette change to the trunk?
« Last Edit: 13 / May / 2012, 00:12:48 by colon247 »

« Reply #88 on: 13 / May / 2012, 04:52:37 »
Thank you everyone, it's so much easier to set things up in playback mode, I didn't realise!

Will it be likely do you think that there will ever be an option to disable the screen without needing to use the AV socket trick? I ask as I am using the CHDK with an underwater housing, and can't really fit anything in the sockets whilst the camera is in the housing.

« Reply #89 on: 13 / May / 2012, 09:53:37 »
how long does it take for changes to make it into the trunk?  I ask because c10ud posted a patch/update on may 7th and it still has not gone in.
It usually takes just a day or two.  All depends on how busy the devs are with other things in their lives.  Sometimes it goes faster if they know the submitter already and it always goes faster if you submit a patch file to the right forum thread :
[REQ]Adding new cameras, applying patches into trunk (with source code prepared)

I see c10us submitted a file there but did not use a .patch or .diff extension (even though it appears to be a valid patch file) so it might have been overlooked.

After a suitable wait,  you can always ping one of the devs via PM - there are really only three of them who are active these days.   Just don't abuse that option obviously.

How do I make one so I can add the palette change to the trunk?
You basically need to have a download of the svn source tree and a working development environment to test things.  On windows the easiest way to do that is to use CHDK-Shell.  Or find somebody who is setup correctly to do it for you ?  Here's an example of what I think you want.  Feel free to submit it to the patch thread if so  :
« Last Edit: 13 / May / 2012, 09:59:57 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16