S100 porting thread - page 14 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

S100 porting thread

• 286 Replies
Re: S100 porting thread
« Reply #130 on: 11 / July / 2012, 16:40:00 »
Advertisements
Yes, once you load the CHDK onto your camera hit the play button (alt) then menu.  This will take you into the CHDK Menu.  Go into Extra Photo Operations, there you can change the ISO Value manually (imput a value and a multiplier).  Make sure you change Disable Overides at the top as well.  While you are shooting it will tell you the ISO you're using in the top Left.

Thank you!  That was simple enough!

David

« Reply #131 on: 11 / July / 2012, 16:49:19 »
I think this is one of the best features of CHDK on the s100.

As a matter of interest what practical benefits have you seen from this and under what situations ?

David

Since the s100 auto sets the ISO to 80 stars and other real low light items do not show up well. The override makes very low light photography possible for example. It's better than post production on the computer. If your exposure is too long you get streaking stars (which might be desirable).

Matt

Edit: I uploaded a test video of the ISO override filming the stars to youtube Time Lapse Afghanistan Stars.  It's not the best quality, but will demonstrate the potential capability of one aspect of CHDK.
Edit2: I'm sorry it put the video in here, I didn't mean for it to do that, but can't remove it without taking the link out.
« Last Edit: 12 / July / 2012, 02:00:34 by mv3830 »

« Reply #132 on: 12 / July / 2012, 04:35:07 »
Thanks for that.

Can you explain what difference I am looking for ?

If you did not use override what would the difference be ?

I bet you get really clear skies there !

David

« Reply #133 on: 12 / July / 2012, 05:24:36 »
Thanks for that.
Can you explain what difference I am looking for ?
If you did not use override what would the difference be ?
I bet you get really clear skies there !
David

The Canon S100, unlike the S95, automatically sets the ISO to 80 when the exposure time goes over 1 second due to the CMOS sensor it has (most likely).  If you were taking pictures of the night sky with an ISO of 80 there would be nothing besides blackness.  With the manual override turned on with CHDK you can set up to I think 20000 or something rediculous like that.  With higher ISO it will break out the dark objects without sacrificing an extremely long shutter speeds.  You can also change shutter speed, aperature, etc overrides as well thanks to CHDK.
Matt

« Reply #134 on: 15 / July / 2012, 14:49:25 »
Hi,

first I want to thank all developers here who did a great job for porting the s100.
I saw (on http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/For_Developers) that the color for the s100 turns from pink to green - yeah!

On http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/S100 there is a link to the trunk:

>CHDK is available as an ALPHA version for the Powershot s100 with firmware versions 1.00D, 1.00E,and 1.01A from >http://www.mighty-hoernsche.de/trunk/

But if I click on it it just shows:

CHDK-SVN Autobuild Download

This is the development version of CHDK which is considered "Unstable"
For the stable release click here
Complete zips contain additional files like scipts, grids, language files, RBF fonts and curves
Small zips contain the bare DISKBOOT.bin and PS.FIR/PS.FI2

Camera   FW   Complete   Small
Errors occured during this build! Old version available here

But neither under the link 'here' not the link 'Older versions...' a trunk for s100 can be found.  :(

Could someone of the developers please check?

Thanks a lot!
2 x IXUS 860IS 100c
2 x Powershot S110 103a

Offline c10ud

« Reply #135 on: 15 / July / 2012, 15:01:37 »
the autobuild website is probably being updated since chdk stable version is going to change (trunk will become stable and heavy development will resume), you may need to wait a bit until everything is restored (and probably will find s100 in the 'stable' autobuilds)

« Reply #136 on: 15 / July / 2012, 15:21:08 »
the autobuild website is probably being updated since chdk stable version is going to change (trunk will become stable and heavy development will resume), you may need to wait a bit until everything is restored (and probably will find s100 in the 'stable' autobuilds)
That probably won't happen until next weekend.  The build broke last night for other reasons related to fixing some weirdness in one of the Makefiles.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #137 on: 16 / July / 2012, 10:38:16 »
OK guys,

thanks for reply!
2 x IXUS 860IS 100c
2 x Powershot S110 103a

« Reply #138 on: 18 / July / 2012, 15:57:18 »
I really don't know if this is the right place to ask this but I assumed this was the right place. I am really sorry if im wrong. ;)

I don't want to push or anything, just wondering as I have the S100 with firmware 1.01B. And there's no CHDK for 1.01B available yet. Is there already development on 1.01B? I saw it was already dumped here July 02. :)

« Reply #139 on: 18 / July / 2012, 16:02:16 »
I don't want to push or anything, just wondering as I have the S100 with firmware 1.01B. And there's no CHDK for 1.01B available yet. Is there already development on 1.01B? I saw it was already dumped here July 02. :)
I can understand your concern - its frustrating when you want to play with something like CHDK and it just not available for your firmware version.    Sometimes the original person who did the port will convert for another version.    But otherwise, you're kind of stuck until somebody with the right skills who typically owns the same camera comes along.

In general, if somebody is working a port (or a firmware conversion) they post in the porting thread - so you are looking in the right place.

Incidentally,  did you try the 1.01a version to see if it will work on your 1.01b camera ?

Standard FAQ answer here : CHDK FAQ : My camera isn't ported yet
« Last Edit: 18 / July / 2012, 16:18:03 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16