Powershot A590 no firmware update option - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum  

Powershot A590 no firmware update option

• 3 Replies
Powershot A590 no firmware update option
« on: 20 / November / 2021, 00:42:24 »
Advertisements
Hello,

I followed instructions precisely and exhausted every resource. I cannot seem to get the option for a firmware update in the menu. I identified the firmware version. SD card is FAT32. Camera is started in play mode. I am in the proper menu. No firmware option. I have tried several releases.

The size of the card is 32gb. Is that the issue?  ;)

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
    • Planetary astrophotography
Re: Powershot A590 no firmware update option
« Reply #1 on: 20 / November / 2021, 01:52:12 »
Hello,

I followed instructions precisely and exhausted every resource. I cannot seem to get the option for a firmware update in the menu. I identified the firmware version. SD card is FAT32. Camera is started in play mode. I am in the proper menu. No firmware option. I have tried several releases.

The size of the card is 32gb. Is that the issue?  ;)
To load CHDK via the firmware update method, you must have the PS.FI2 file in the root directory of the SD card.
If you do not see this file, download the complete distribution file from this link: http://mighty-hoernsche.de/

Offline reyalp

« Reply #2 on: 20 / November / 2021, 02:37:37 »
If you copied the files from a Mac, this issue https://chdk.fandom.com/wiki/FAQ/Mac#You_may_have_issues_with_permissions. may also prevent the option firmware update option from appearing.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #3 on: 20 / November / 2021, 09:05:28 »
Thanks everyone. I was indeed using a mac to transfer files to the SD card. I used my linux machine. No luck at first. I reformatted the card and tried again with linux. It finally worked.

Cheers!  :D