• 6 Replies
Double Exposure?
« on: 28 / May / 2008, 17:46:07 »
Advertisements

Offline fudgey

• a570is
Re: Double Exposure?
« Reply #1 on: 28 / May / 2008, 17:59:00 »
See http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,1495.0.html.

Some searching of Dataghost's other posts on this subject may interest you as well. Basically it is possible but not yet available for mortals, and I suppose if you have ideas of exactly how this feature should work you should speak up. :)

If you just want to overlay two images in-camera, it can probably be done to some extent with the RAW average feature already available in current builds.

Offline wontolla

• S3 & G9 & A720
« Reply #2 on: 28 / May / 2008, 18:17:26 »
it can probably be done to some extent with the RAW average feature already available in current builds.

Yep, to some extent. You can't control the weight of each exposure (yet).

Here, I used "Average":

Offline DataGhost

• EOS 40D, S5IS
    • DataGhost.com
« Reply #3 on: 29 / May / 2008, 05:37:47 »
Yeah, this is perfectly possible with RAW average. If you want it to happen in one shot, you'll have to wait a bit until I properly figure out how to control (and time!) everything.

Hm, true. White balance can indeed destroy a picture jeff666 :) I forgot about that because the subjects in the demo pictures are shot under more or less the same conditions.
« Last Edit: 29 / May / 2008, 06:48:34 by DataGhost »

Offline jeff666

• A720IS
« Reply #4 on: 29 / May / 2008, 05:56:04 »
Here, I used "Average":

And demonstrate that it's very likely that you mess up white balance by averaging two pictures with different lighting conditions such as long exposure (for scenery) averaged with short exposure and flash (for persons or other moving objects).

Merging those at post-processing is more reliable, but it's still a nice artistic toy to have in camera.

Cheers.

« Reply #5 on: 29 / May / 2008, 17:44:09 »
I've done a few using CombineZM. They weren't all that artistic (I was just messing around), so I didn't save them.
Whoa-Hey! Careful where you point that thing. You're gonna shoot someone!

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/DoF_Stacking

Offline wontolla

• S3 & G9 & A720
« Reply #6 on: 29 / May / 2008, 18:04:30 »
mess up white balance by averaging two pictures with different lighting conditions

Well yes. Let's hope it's not an issue for the OP, he wants to do it within the camera.