MD Lightning 6 with flash and short shutter times hanging S3IS - Script Writing - CHDK Forum

MD Lightning 6 with flash and short shutter times hanging S3IS

• 2 Replies
Advertisements
Hi,

i am trying to combine high speed photography with motion detection, and i am usin the last Allbest build.

Without (camera) flash md works fine, but after i switch on the camera flash the camera hangs itself (without retracting the objective) every 1-5 shots. I have to switch on/off then.

I am using manual mode, 1/10000 (but it also happens with 1/60 or so), flash on, manual focus and MD Lightning 6, but have also tried ther MD scripts...
First i thought my battery was not ok, but i could take a series of >15 pictures with flash without ever seeing suchodd behavour.

What can i do?

Markus

Offline fudgey

• a570is
Re: MD Lightning 6 with flash and short shutter times hanging S3IS
« Reply #1 on: 23 / April / 2008, 14:42:52 »
My a570is also likes to freeze in a similar way right after shooting from MD if flash is used (using my fast md script in fast and slow still modes, fast mode is probably very similar to the md lightning 6 script, both modes poll property 206 after shooting). The first impression is that it seems more likely to freeze in the review delay mode where shoot_full stays depressed for a period of time). I tried in M mode and Auto mode.

I think I've seen this reported before, maybe even resolved (or the cause explained) but couldn't find it on a quick search.

Offline dkeggins

• s5is
Re: MD Lightning 6 with flash and short shutter times hanging S3IS
« Reply #2 on: 25 / April / 2008, 08:10:35 »
Just for referance, the S5IS is doing the same. (Camera freeze when using flash).  The flash will shoot, then the camera blacks out.  I am new to this and in experimenting, I blew threw a new set of batteries.   A lot of fun!