Help getting Dataghost's CHDK onto S5IS? (Windows XP, S5IS 1.01b) - page 3 - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Help getting Dataghost's CHDK onto S5IS? (Windows XP, S5IS 1.01b)

• 24 Replies

Offline Hiryu

Re: Help getting Dataghost's CHDK onto S5IS? (Windows XP, S5IS 1.01b)
« Reply #20 on: 10 / April / 2008, 14:36:05 »
Advertisements
I think there's also an easier method of determining firmware version... Exiftool. Just drag and drop an image onto exiftool and a window will pop up with lots of information about the picture. For my pictures, I have the line 'Firmware Revision: 1.01 rev 2.00'. I think this means 1.01b, so equivalently, 1.01a would probably be '1.01 rev 1.00'.

i have the same line you have! 1.01 rev 2.00  so i supposed it wold have worked just fine!
i used the cardtricks to format the card, make it bootbale and insert the ZIP kindly provided by dataghost.
but when i turn on the camera i see the messages "no image" and "card locked" vecause i moved it to the lock position of course. nothing else happens. where is my error?  :blink:
« Last Edit: 10 / April / 2008, 14:44:02 by Hiryu »

Offline DataGhost

• EOS 40D, S5IS
    • DataGhost.com
« Reply #21 on: 10 / April / 2008, 16:05:41 »
You still have to unpack the zip file, the file DISKBOOT.BIN should be on your SD card, not allbest-s5is-101b-51.zip. If you have the wrong camera version, the camera will not turn on at all, so this is a clear sign that you missed one of the installation steps, most likely the unpacking-step.

Offline Hiryu

« Reply #22 on: 10 / April / 2008, 18:05:43 »
oh yeah! all done and working! GREAT

« Reply #23 on: 10 / April / 2008, 18:45:58 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 16:55:31 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline DataGhost

• EOS 40D, S5IS
    • DataGhost.com
« Reply #24 on: 10 / April / 2008, 19:31:04 »
Well, I don't *have* to reply, do I? :) Anyway, I've had some experience, I know there are people who do not think certain things are 'blatantly obvious'. Heck, I even know people who expect something to work the instant they think about it. Now that I finished this port I just like to see people using it.. and it's not that hard to answer. I haven't been around for long enough to get fed-up with these questions over and over again, the people in this community seem to be able to use the search / read the documentation quite well (again, compared to what I'm used to).