Re: ixus870_sd880 port started
« Reply #140 on: 07 / May / 2009, 18:29:47 »
Advertisements
I have a sd880  of course...
Does it support it?
yes

« Reply #141 on: 07 / May / 2009, 18:30:35 »
since the sd880 does not have a movable screen does the flash light feature work on it?

« Reply #142 on: 07 / May / 2009, 20:41:38 »
Is there a way to make the camera refocus when you zoom during video recording?

« Reply #143 on: 08 / May / 2009, 18:03:21 »
Great work till now. Your opinion pls as i'm going to buy another sd card. Wich one is better for our camera and CHDK files. SDHC 4gb or SD 133x 2 gb (or 4 gb but simple 133x). ?

« Reply #144 on: 08 / May / 2009, 21:50:09 »
Once again check the write speeds between the 4gb SD and SDHC and the classes of speed.  If you're only going to use CHDK for taking jpeg pictures than you shouldn't have a problem with either card.  But if you're going to be taking RAW or DNG with the camera then I suggest a fast card as this takes more time for the camera to write the info (as it records both jpeg+raw/dng).  Having a faster card would help speed this process up. 

If you go over 4gb for example 8gb or 16gb card then you will need to format it and make two partitions with the card in the camera, install CHDK on one partition, then having to swap the partitions in the CHDK menu so that CHDK can autoboot.

If you're using Windows and want to import your pictures from your camera by inserting the SD card into your computer, you first have to "swap partitions" under "Miscellaneous stuff" in chdk or windows won't find any of your pictures even though your camera can review the pictures, its like they are hidden.

Once you have imported your pictures and you want to get CHDK to autoboot again (it requires another swap partitions) you have to select the firmware update  in "review mode" in Canon's menu system.  Run the firmware update to get CHDK started then hit the "print" button on the camera until you see "ALT" at bottom of screen, then menu button to finally get the CHDK menu system.  Go to "Miscellaneous stuff" and choose the "swap partitions" options to get CHDK working in auto mode again.  When you do this process once its a piece of cake after to remember.

I haven't tried hooking up the camera direct with a usb cable as yet to see if the camera reads the pictures without the swap function you can give that a try. 

Cheers.

« Last Edit: 08 / May / 2009, 21:56:13 by Hollywood »

« Reply #145 on: 09 / May / 2009, 04:27:28 »
since the sd880 does not have a movable screen does the flash light feature work on it?

The flashlight feature is only enabled when the camera does have a movable/turnable screen. However, a simple way to simulate this feature is to take a picture in such a way that you have a completely white image (e.g. with overexposure) and viewing it.

Is there a way to make the camera refocus when you zoom during video recording?

With CHDK you can manually refocus after zooming (in ALT mode: up/ISO key and then "zooming"; change the factor with left/right). As far as I can tell there is no code that automatically refocusses during/after zooming, but I did find the necessary functions in the firmware to enable autofocus with the press of a button. I will make a patch for this and submit it for addition to the autobuild later (with some additional fixes).

« Reply #146 on: 10 / May / 2009, 06:09:21 »
We have an update in the autobuild: the autobuild now includes the beta versions for 1.00e and 1.02b as well as 1.01a. Also included are the fix for the incorrectly reported focal length and the change for the default RAW extension from CRW to CR2. With respect to the last, if you have already used the CHDK before, you probably need to either change the setting manually or remove the configuration file (CHDK/cchdk.cfg) from your SD card.

The other fixes hopefully follow shortly. I believe that that pretty much covers all the known issues of the port. If I'm missing something (check the list on the wiki), please let me know.

« Reply #147 on: 11 / May / 2009, 04:11:05 »
Is there anyway we can increase the movie record resolution from 640x480 to perhaps to a 1,280x720  resolution in CHDK OVERIDE the New SD960 IS or SD970 IS record video in HD resolutions, they still have the Digic IV chip as well.

mweerden is this possible on your end to somehow use your magic keystrokes in CHDK? :)  If you can get this done....then I will bow to you....once again. :)

Cheers,
John

« Reply #148 on: 11 / May / 2009, 20:10:28 »
Is there anyway we can increase the movie record resolution from 640x480 to perhaps to a 1,280x720  resolution in CHDK OVERIDE the New SD960 IS or SD970 IS record video in HD resolutions, they still have the Digic IV chip as well.

As far as I'm aware something like this hasn't been done yet. If I'm correct this means that someone has to go through the firmware to find this kind of functionality (if it's even there). I'm afraid that's quite a task and as such not something I'd wait for if I were you.

« Reply #149 on: 12 / May / 2009, 01:10:48 »
Okay thanks.  Thought I would give it a shot and ask, your help very much appreciated.

Cheers.