CHDK for the G10 : Beta Testing : - page 5 - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum

CHDK for the G10 : Beta Testing :

• 126 Replies
Re: CHDK for the G10 : Beta Release Testing
« Reply #40 on: 06 / August / 2011, 08:59:05 »
Advertisements
Hi there, great Job Waterwingz,
Beta2 works as expected on Firmware 1.03B, i'll be watching this thread from now on :)

« Reply #41 on: 10 / August / 2011, 00:48:06 »
My version of G10 is G10-1.04A, and the version I tested is beta 2C.

I just test the function "Video Parameter", Enable [Video Quality Control?], enable [Enable optical zoom], and then set the AF Key as [Shutter].
When I record video, it works great! When I change location or distance, adjust the focus, I can re-focus by press shutter lightly.

When I test [Extra Photo Operations], the [Override shutter speed] and [value factor] or [shutterspeed enum type] seems useless. For example, I can see there is [TV:200] in live view, but when I press shutter, the [TV:200] become existing shutter setting such as [TV:15]. When I take photo, the shutter time
 is 15 seconds. The shutterspeed override setting seems can't work at all.

« Reply #42 on: 10 / August / 2011, 07:07:58 »
My version of G10 is G10-1.04A, and the version I tested is beta 2C.
I just test the function "Video Parameter", Enable [Video Quality Control?], enable [Enable optical zoom], and then set the AF Key as [Shutter].
When I record video, it works great! When I change location or distance, adjust the focus, I can re-focus by press shutter lightly.
Thanks for the update - I'm glad to hear CHDK video is working well on the 1.04A release of Beta2.   Reports from owners of cameras with firmware 1.02A are similiar.

When I test [Extra Photo Operations], the [Override shutter speed] and [value factor] or [shutterspeed enum type] seems useless. For example, I can see there is [TV:200] in live view, but when I press shutter, the [TV:200] become existing shutter setting such as [TV:15]. When I take photo, the shutter time
 is 15 seconds. The shutterspeed override setting seems can't work at all.
This is not a surprise. Per the <link to beta release note> from earlier in this thread :

12) None of the shooting functions are running yet.  The menus might let you enter a shutter time of 1/5000 of a second, but your camera will not take pictures at that speed.

The beta test team is working on beta version 3 and things are starting to look a lot better there.  Send me a PM with a real email address if you'd like to join that team.

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #43 on: 10 / August / 2011, 08:43:12 »
This is not a surprise. Per the <link to beta release note> from earlier in this thread :

12) None of the shooting functions are running yet.  The menus might let you enter a shutter time of 1/5000 of a second, but your camera will not take pictures at that speed.

The beta test team is working on beta version 3 and things are starting to look a lot better there.  Send me a PM with a real email address if you'd like to join that team.

I saw that the note 14 is "CHDK menus should no longer disappear when the background changes when the camera is in "shoot" mode", but sometimes I met same issue during my test....

« Reply #44 on: 10 / August / 2011, 10:38:52 »
I saw that the note 14 is "CHDK menus should no longer disappear when the background changes when the camera is in "shoot" mode", but sometimes I met same issue during my test....
I've seen the same on occasion.   But trust me,  its much better than it used to be !

UPDATE : Looks like the menu fix did not make it into all the beta 2 versions.  It will be there shortly in Beta 3 - sorry.
« Last Edit: 10 / August / 2011, 20:41:46 by waterwingz »

« Reply #45 on: 15 / August / 2011, 13:36:36 »
Still typing w/ one hand thanks to a broken collarbone last week, but I can't help but to report I'm having extremely exciting results with beta 3! (more detailed feedback when my wpm improves  :) )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaAKVhLUuv8#

And a slightly more interesting TL I did today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzXFsQ5KUz4#

Also, an old version of the motion detection script I had from my old SD750's days works great. I have "MDFB-080914.bas" which looking at that filename makes me think that by old, i mean ancient.

Waterwingz, you are a great hero to G10 owners!!  :D
English doesn't borrow from other languages -- it knocks them down in dark alleys and rifles through their pockets for loose gramar.

« Reply #46 on: 15 / August / 2011, 19:46:22 »
Still typing w/ one hand thanks to a broken collarbone last week, but I can't help but to report I'm having extremely exciting results with beta 3! (more detailed feedback when my wpm improves  :) )
As a point of clarification,  beta 3 has only been released to the members of the CHDK G10 beta test team. My goal, as always, is to have each release stable for all firmware versions with only a short list of known bugs prior to making it generally available.

At this point, beta 3 only needs CHDK RAW fixed (it shuts down the camera when used and does not store anything) and it needs scaling for Zebra and Edgeoverlay fixed.  Both need a little of my time and then I should be read for a more general release.

« Reply #47 on: 20 / August / 2011, 02:21:50 »
Hey guys, thanks for your hard work! ^^ I have some question, because I'm the newbie here
1- I have Canon G10 with firmware 1.0.2, could I use CHDK version for firmware 1.0.4?
2- Could I update firmware to 1.0.4 then use CHDK version for firmware 1.0.4? Then how could i find that firmwares?

Wish to receive your replies soon!

Thanks in advance ^^

« Reply #48 on: 20 / August / 2011, 02:46:21 »
1- I have Canon G10 with firmware 1.0.2, could I use CHDK version for firmware 1.0.4?
I assume you mean that your have firmware 1.02A ?  If so, you need to use the CHDK version for firmware 1.02A. The CHDK version must match your camera version or it will not work.

2- Could I update firmware to 1.0.4 then use CHDK version for firmware 1.0.4? Then how could i find that firmwares?
No - Canon does not provide a update for the G10 to convert from 1.02A to 1.04A.  Just use your 1.02A camera with CHDK for the 1.02A.  I do not believe that you will ever know the difference.

« Last Edit: 20 / August / 2011, 03:01:26 by waterwingz »

« Reply #49 on: 20 / August / 2011, 08:36:51 »
Thanks waterwingz for your fast reply.
I've downloaded and unzip the CHDK version match with my 1.02A.
Then I copied all files into my SD Card.
But when I turn on my G10 by PLAYBACK MODE then press MENU, I could NOT find the "FIRMWARE UPDATE" function! +_+.  Also tried to press Playback button twice, but nothing happened.

What should I do?

Thanks ^^