"SetCDSGainApex" to control ISO during video recording? - Feature Requests - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

"SetCDSGainApex" to control ISO during video recording?

• 2 Replies
"SetCDSGainApex" to control ISO during video recording?
« on: 09 / September / 2009, 18:55:50 »
Advertisements
A while ago I asked in the forums if ISO could be set while recording video. Ewavr responded with the following comment,

"Another functions (derived from SetAE_CdsGainValue, can be found on strings "SetCDSGainApex" and "SetPgaGain") allow change ISO during video recording. Of course, AE must be turned off before call it (ExpCtrlTool_StopContiAE)"

Please excuse my ignorance, but are these functions now currently available in the latest CHDK releases and for all cameras?
Is it possible to call one of these functions from a script? or will I have to wait for it to be included in the main CHDK menu?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light on the above!

Offline RaduP

Re: "SetCDSGainApex" to control ISO during video recording?
« Reply #1 on: 09 / September / 2009, 19:51:34 »
From looking at the CHDK source, only SetAE_CdsGainValue is set, but only for the SD630 camera. I guess someone must find and 'import' those functions for the other cameras as well.

Re: "SetCDSGainApex" to control ISO during video recording?
« Reply #2 on: 30 / November / 2009, 16:29:27 »
Are there any developers out there who could help port this function to other camera's? i.e. Powershot G7
I still find movies I shoot, (even in bright light), have too much noise in the dark areas of the image, which indicates that the ISO is automatically being set way too high by the camera.
Basically a lock Movie ISO to 100 within the CHDK menu would be awesome!