CHDK for the G10 : Beta Testing : - page 2 - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

CHDK for the G10 : Beta Testing :

• 126 Replies
Re: CHDK for the G10 : Beta Release Testing
« Reply #10 on: 28 / July / 2011, 12:51:12 »
Advertisements
Working like a charm! Beta v2 is on and running, now playing through my three batteries to c what I can find :] Ill let u know! Uh, and BTW: MYHEROSCRIPTER!!! Yes, you are!

@JK4U : Would you mind also downloading Beta V1a for your 1.03B firmware (the one published at the start of this thread http://www.box.net/shared/1949jy2cg6gj3u6gdxvx) and verifying that it will load,  display the logo and allow you to navigate the menus ?

« Last Edit: 28 / July / 2011, 12:53:37 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline JK4U

« Reply #11 on: 29 / July / 2011, 03:55:14 »
Working like a charm! Beta v2 is on and running, now playing through my three batteries to c what I can find :] Ill let u know! Uh, and BTW: MYHEROSCRIPTER!!! Yes, you are!

@JK4U : Would you mind also downloading Beta V1a for your 1.03B firmware (the one published at the start of this thread http://www.box.net/shared/1949jy2cg6gj3u6gdxvx) and verifying that it will load,  display the logo and allow you to navigate the menus ?

Sorry - didnt inform you: Works and starts, just seems to be slower (???) than V2 - any reason this could be? Start-up time is up to 4 seconds sometimes... V2 is just under two - not as fast as the canon f/w, but quick enough.
Any idea about the sudden shutdown when the play button is pressed? Tried the debug messages, but they diappear as soon as I try to reproduce the error - perhaps a live-output on a PC (via USB conn) could shine light on it...?

« Reply #12 on: 29 / July / 2011, 19:56:31 »
Any idea about the sudden shutdown when the play button is pressed? Tried the debug messages, but they diappear as soon as I try to reproduce the error - perhaps a live-output on a PC (via USB conn) could shine light on it...?
Depends on when you press the play button I guess.   It functions as a power on/off button so pressing it when in play mode will shut down the camera.  That is normal.

Also, you mentioned at one point that your ran a script prior the play button causing a shutdown.  Depending on what was in your script,  it might have been trying to do things that are not enabled yet and behaviour after that is anyones guess.

« Reply #13 on: 30 / July / 2011, 00:20:01 »
Beta2
Note : if you are new to CHDK,  please read this wiki posting on preparing your SD card : http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Bootable_SD_card

The G10 beta test team has finished testing beta release 2 of CHDK for the G10. I have posted links to the download in the root of this thread.

Please be aware that this release still has very limited functionality.  

Random notes for this second release :

1) As with Beta 1, this release supports "SD card lock" booting only.  There is no ps.fi2 file for the "firmware update" method.  There is no need to report this fact.

2) Mechanical zoom now works in video mode.  However, your G10 may choose to respond to zoom requests with digital zoom first.  When this does or does not happen is not well understood at this point.  Feedback on this question is encouraged.

3) Did I mention that the release supports "SD card lock" booting only.  There is no ps.fi2 file for the "firmware update" method.   

4) You can start the camera in "SD Card Lock"  mode with the battery bay door open.

5) You can start the camera directely into "shoot" mode by holding down the On/Off button for more than 1.5 seconds.

6) Oh, and this release supports "SD card lock" booting only.  There is no ps.fi2 file for the "firmware update" method.   

7) The release should do the following on startup :
      i) blink the Blue LED under the Shortcut/Print Share button and then.
     ii) blink the Green LED under the power button and then
     iii) start the normal Canon boot process but with the CHDK logo on the screen
     iv) show some OSD information
      v) blink the Green power LED every 2 seconds

8) Press the Shortcut / Print Share button to get <ALT> mode (text on bottom of screen).  Then press Menu to get CHDK menus

9) Press the shutter button in <ALT> mode and the default script should run.  If you load additional scripts, they may try to call functions that I have not implemented yet.  Strange camera operation at this point is to be expected.  Please do not feel the need to report that.

10) The default position of the OSD display icons can be edited in the OSD menus.  IF they overlap things in the Canon display, feel free to move them.

11) Sorry, but the release supports "SD card lock" booting only.  There is no ps.fi2 file for the "firmware update" method.  

12) None of the shooting functions are running yet.  The menus might let you enter a shutter time of 1/5000 of a second, but your camera will not take pictures at that speed.

13) Video quality settings should work - or at least it does not cause crashes.  We have limited reports about it having any effect at all though.

14) Finally,  as a special bonus,  with thanks to philmoz,  CHDK menus should no longer dissappear when the background changes when the camera is in "shoot" mode !!!

Thank you to all the testers who tried the first two releases and reported back.  Links to the pre-release of beta 3  will be sent to each of you as soon as it is ready.
« Last Edit: 09 / August / 2011, 11:27:05 by waterwingz »

« Reply #14 on: 30 / July / 2011, 15:42:51 »
Updated the beta 2 release for firmware 1.04A - found a problem with recording movies that caused the camera to shut down.

« Last Edit: 30 / July / 2011, 15:49:16 by waterwingz »

« Reply #15 on: 31 / July / 2011, 00:03:39 »
thank you for the ongoing support..

re: 1.04A Beta 2c

everything seem to work although..

-can not start in "playback" mode ( blue light -> on/off light-> powershot screen-> green light-> shutdown)
-can not switch from "shoot" mode to "playback" mode (camera shuts down + lens does not retract)
-lens does not retract on shutdown (when pressing on/off)
-lens subsequently retracts by pressing either "playback" or "on/off" (then promptly shuts down)

cheers

« Reply #16 on: 31 / July / 2011, 00:14:08 »
-can not start in "playback" mode ( blue light -> on/off light-> powershot screen-> green light-> shutdown)
-can not switch from "shoot" mode to "playback" mode (camera shuts down + lens does not retract)
-lens does not retract on shutdown (when pressing on/off)

Thanks matto.  This is different than the 1.02A,  which works correctly in these mode.  Your detailed description gives me something to look fo.

I would be very interested to hear from any 1.03B owners about how their cameras work under these test conditions.

« Reply #17 on: 31 / July / 2011, 01:15:38 »
Wow this is good news, finally we have support for G10 :)

Thanks waterwingz , I don't have my G10 with me today, will get it back in 2days ;) I am really excited to test it.

Btw is it possible to upgrade from 1.02A to 1.04A ?

« Reply #18 on: 31 / July / 2011, 08:16:36 »
time lapse for the camera for CHDK firmware 1.02A G10?.

thanks
« Last Edit: 31 / July / 2011, 08:22:05 by vicentvalentia »

« Reply #19 on: 31 / July / 2011, 10:08:05 »
Btw is it possible to upgrade from 1.02A to 1.04A ?
As far as I know,  Canon has not made the necessary file available to do that.  Only owners of cameras with firmware 1.00f and 1.00h have an upgrade option - to 1.02A.