KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script - page 107 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum  

KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script

• 1068 Replies
Re: KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script
« Reply #1060 on: 08 / July / 2019, 08:47:37 »
Advertisements
Ixus185 discussion moved to https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=13837.0
This question was evidentally sweep up with the move, resulting in my missing it and not providing any response ...

@waterwingz could you please also help me my display keeps switching on and off on the SX240HS that i finally got the CHDK working with your script i set display to off but it keeps switching on....
@willievermeulen  :   What setting are you using for Display off mode (day) and Display off mode (night) ?  (The choices are None LCD BKLite DispKey PlayKey ShrtCut).

What setting are you using for Display Off?

Also, does your display switch on each time it shoots?  And then does it turn off again immediately after?

Please post the KAP.log file from the root folder of your SD card here as an attachment?

EDIT : modified my question - was looking at parameters from a different script - oopps.

« Last Edit: 08 / July / 2019, 11:16:20 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #1061 on: 08 / July / 2019, 09:53:17 »
Ixus185 discussion moved to https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=13837.0
This question was evidentally sweep up with the move, resulting in my missing it and not providing any response ...

@waterwingz could you please also help me my display keeps switching on and off on the SX240HS that i finally got the CHDK working with your script i set display to off but it keeps switching on....
@willievermeulen  :   What setting are you using for Display off mode (day) and Display off mode (night) ?  (The choices are None LCD BKLite DispKey PlayKey ShrtCut).

Also, does your display switch on each time it shoots?  And then does it turn off again immediately after?

Please post the KAP.log file from the root folder of your SD card here as an attachment?

Hey dont stress about it im sure you are busy busy... im just happy somone wants to help me!
please see the attached file...
It switches the screen off takes a picture and then previews the picture(so switching on the display) i tried to disable review but it didnt make any difference...
Also how do a get the pictures to save on the second partition???

Also i just put disable display on yes on the script settings, i dont understand the other day and night things?(or i havent seen them)

« Reply #1062 on: 08 / July / 2019, 11:34:04 »
Also i just put disable display on yes on the script settings, i dont understand the other day and night things?(or i havent seen them)
My mistake - I was looking at a different script. You've answered my actual question here. Thanks.

It switches the screen off takes a picture and then previews the picture(so switching on the display) i tried to disable review but it didnt make any difference...
When you say "disable review", did you mean setting the Shot Review setting in the Canon Menu  (i.e. not a CHDK menu) to Off?  That's the Canon setting that determines how long a copy of your most recent image taken is displayed after the shot completes.  It needs to be set to Off for the script to be able to disable the LCD.

You can test that in normal shooting mode (no CHDK loaded). When you take a photo, the LCD should not show you the most recent image. It should just stay in picture taking mode.

If that works as expected, we can try a little test script to see if it's related to the CHDK port for your SX240hs.

Also how do a get the pictures to save on the second partition???
The SX240hs was released in 2012 and thus does not need to use - or support the use of - dual partitions on your SD card.

« Reply #1063 on: 22 / December / 2019, 23:30:01 »
Hi all,

I'm very new, so please bear with me. I'm trying this wonderful script and I wonder if it can be controlled via chdkptp? I'm actually hoping to use this on a remote control car with a raspberry pi onboard and trigger (remote) shoot via USB. My understanding is that there's no function for (remote) shooting implemented, but there seems to be some sort of USB mode. Anyone know how to do remote shooting with this script?

Thanks

« Reply #1064 on: 23 / December / 2019, 00:22:12 »
I'm very new, so please bear with me. I'm trying this wonderful script and I wonder if it can be controlled via chdkptp? I'm actually hoping to use this on a remote control car with a raspberry pi onboard and trigger (remote) shoot via USB. My understanding is that there's no function for (remote) shooting implemented, but there seems to be some sort of USB mode. Anyone know how to do remote shooting with this script?
I'm confused.  Why do you want to do remote shooting with this script?  Why not just use chdkptp on your Pi to shot without a script running on your camera (i.e. just having CHDK loaded on the camera is sufficient) ?

« Reply #1065 on: 23 / December / 2019, 01:47:50 »
I'm confused.  Why do you want to do remote shooting with this script?  Why not just use chdkptp on your Pi to shot without a script running on your camera (i.e. just having CHDK loaded on the camera is sufficient) ?

I just thought that the shutter speed control logic in your script would be useful. If I have just CHDK loaded and run chkptp rs then the shutter speed would have to be handled manually. I might be missing something though.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #1066 on: 23 / December / 2019, 02:02:48 »
I just thought that the shutter speed control logic in your script would be useful. If I have just CHDK loaded and run chkptp rs then the shutter speed would have to be handled manually. I might be missing something though.
FWIW, if you want to have the exposure and interval control from a camera side script have the images saved over USB with remote shoot, it should be possible using the remoteshoot -script option and a glue script to set the menu options, like what is described in https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=13386.msg136688#msg136688

To make the glue script, you need to go through the script header and set all the menu options as lua variables. See https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=12695.msg141845#msg141845 for a description.

I have not tried this with kap_uav.

For completeness, the "USB" options in kap_uav refer to the hardware remote (https://chdk.fandom.com/wiki/USB_Remote). Combining this with remoteshoot probably isn't what you want, but should be technically possible.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #1067 on: 23 / December / 2019, 05:04:01 »
FWIW, if you want to have the exposure and interval control from a camera side script have the images saved over USB with remote shoot, it should be possible using the remoteshoot -script option and a glue script to set the menu options, like what is described in https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=13386.msg136688#msg136688

Thanks for the advice. Is exposure control actually better done on the camera side or PC side? Would PC side be slower? For my application, the camera moves slower than a drone but can still cause motion blur because it shoots indoor. That's very much the only reason why I thought the KAPUAV script might come in handy.
« Last Edit: 23 / December / 2019, 06:20:02 by dayzman »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #1068 on: 23 / December / 2019, 14:36:22 »
Thanks for the advice. Is exposure control actually better done on the camera side or PC side?
"Better" mostly depends on the details of what you want to do, and your personal coding preferences. Speed or where the actual exposure is calculated shouldn't be an issue in most cases, it's more about how you want the overall control logic to work.

Using remoteshoot with -script is fragile and not very flexible: the script is running without knowing anything about remoteshoot, and remoteshoot is running with no control over the script. It's convenient if you already have a camera side script that does what you want, but if you're writing something from scratch it would make more sense to have one main loop on the PC side that controls everything.
Don't forget what the H stands for.