ELPH 110 HS (IXUS 125 HS) Porting Thread - page 20 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

ELPH 110 HS (IXUS 125 HS) Porting Thread

• 246 Replies
Re: ELPH 110 HS (IXUS 125 HS) Porting Thread
« Reply #190 on: 14 / June / 2014, 22:26:31 »
Advertisements
The DISP key doesn't toggle RAW capture mode in <Alt> mode. (on last stable CHDK)
That's because as far as the CHDK for the ixus125 is concerned,  there is no DISP key.  The ixus125 is one of those cameras where there the is no separate DISP key - the "DOWN" arrow key is used for that purpose.  CHDK doesn't handle "virtual" over-mappings very well just assumes there is no DISP key.   I think there might have been a thread not too long ago about using the VIDEO button as the DISP key.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #191 on: 16 / June / 2014, 06:55:47 »
The DISP key doesn't toggle RAW capture mode in <Alt> mode. (on last stable CHDK)
That's because as far as the CHDK for the ixus125 is concerned,  there is no DISP key.  The ixus125 is one of those cameras where there the is no separate DISP key - the "DOWN" arrow key is used for that purpose.  CHDK doesn't handle "virtual" over-mappings very well just assumes there is no DISP key.   I think there might have been a thread not too long ago about using the VIDEO button as the DISP key.

Thanks for reply, waterwingz.
You did suggest in other thread:
"just add
#define CAM_DISP_BUTTON_NAME  "Video"
to your platform_camera.h file"

... really i don't know how to  ::) ... too newbie.

Would you make it for me?

my CHDK: ixus125_elph110hs-101a-1.2.0-3456-full_ALPHA
« Last Edit: 16 / June / 2014, 07:48:01 by fabri22 »

« Reply #192 on: 16 / June / 2014, 08:22:35 »
Would you make it for me?
I'll post something a little later tonight.  One complication is that doing so will interfere with the option that lets you change the <ALT> key to "Video".

« Reply #193 on: 16 / June / 2014, 09:08:19 »
I'll post something a little later tonight.  One complication is that doing so will interfere with the option that lets you change the <ALT> key to "Video".

:-*
I'll leave the <ALT> key stable on PLAY button.
Hope that the modded version doesn't exipire.

« Reply #194 on: 16 / June / 2014, 10:27:33 »
I'll leave the <ALT> key stable on PLAY button. Hope that the modded version doesn't exipire.
I'm leaning towards finding a permanent fix here rather than a "one off" patch for you.

Update :  here's a test build > ixus125_elph110hs-101a-1.3.0-3462-full.zip . Its exactly the same trick used with the S100 so if it's good enough there, then it should be good enough here.  Try it and let me know how it works ?
« Last Edit: 16 / June / 2014, 19:18:55 by waterwingz »

« Reply #195 on: 17 / June / 2014, 10:07:59 »
Update :  here's a test build > ixus125_elph110hs-101a-1.3.0-3462-full.zip . Its exactly the same trick used with the S100 so if it's good enough there, then it should be good enough here.  Try it and let me know how it works ?

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
With your patch i can toggle raw finally.
It seems to me that this trick also solves (partially) an Override Subject Distance issue with this porting.
To better explain:
With previous version, when Override SD selected, shooting makes the camera shutting down even if
following the suggested procedure (AFL > Alt mode > UP key > focus value).
Now i can take a shot with Override SD selected without any camera shutdown, but focus doesn't match the choosen value (ie inf.)
But this is another story and I dare not ask to much. 

« Reply #196 on: 01 / August / 2014, 07:05:29 »
greetings everyone,

this is my first post here, so please excuse my noobie question. I have prepared the sd card the way it was described. found my firmware version is 1.01A via camera version application as function/disp button method would not work.

I downloaded the 1.01a Alpha version of the firmware, copied it to the sd card, and was getting all excited to load my firmware. Started the camera with the play button. Alas, there is no "Firm Update" button on my camera. I tried looking through the net, but did not find any relevant post. Am I the only one that could be having this problem? last option under playback is transition, and last option under camera settings is "Reset all".

For the life of me, I cannot locate Firm Update function and was hoping that someone can help on this. Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: 01 / August / 2014, 07:07:54 by woody88 »

« Reply #197 on: 01 / August / 2014, 10:24:02 »
Same camera here and CHDK works fine.
Try this:
-format your memory card in camera (flag "low level format")
-download CHDK from here
-extract the zip to the root of your memory card
-try again the firmware update
-then you can make the card bootable via CHDK menu

;)

« Reply #198 on: 01 / August / 2014, 11:16:20 »

I downloaded the 1.01a Alpha version of the firmware, copied it to the sd card, and was getting all excited to load my firmware. Started the camera with the play button. Alas, there is no "Firm Update" button on my camera. I tried looking through the net, but did not find any relevant post. Am I the only one that could be having this problem? last option under playback is transition, and last option under camera settings is "Reset all".

For the life of me, I cannot locate Firm Update function and was hoping that someone can help on this. Thanks in advance.
You really are doing this the hard way. The STICK utility will download, format, and install everything for you.

However, if you want to continue with your approach then you need to make sure there is a file called PS.FI2 in the root directory of your SD card for the firmware update method to use. If it is not there, then you will not be able to load CHDK that way.

« Reply #199 on: 01 / August / 2014, 18:46:43 »
Thanks waterwingz for your reply. I was able to get CHDK loaded. When I cannot locate the Firm update function, I just did it the other way, and copy the folder content entirely to the sd card and boot it off that way, and it ran fine.

But I am interested in what you said about the STICK utility. Can you point me to the right place to give that a try?

Also, I had enabled RAW format shooting on the firmware, but all the pictures came out essentially just a blur. I wonder if there is something wrong with the camera. if I am asking the questions in the wrong thread, please feel free to let me know also. Thanks again.