Zoom Lock (or min/max setting for allowed zoom range) - Feature Requests - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Zoom Lock (or min/max setting for allowed zoom range)

• 1 Replies

Offline KaLi

• G11 CHDK, FinePix Real 3d W1, 2*A460 SDM, S50, S40
Zoom Lock (or min/max setting for allowed zoom range)
« on: 22 / February / 2010, 11:04:52 »
Advertisements
I own  a G11 and have the idea to buy an adapter for usage of a circ-pol (and also nd) filter.

These china-tec adapters come usually in two parts. Each one can be screwed on the other one. If both parts are used, one has vignetting at wide angle. Therefore, for no/few vignetting in wide angle view, one can use only the first part (which is screwed on the camera). But if the lens extracts beyond a zoom limit (which has to be determined), it ditches on the filter -- not good for the filter, and not good for the camera ;-) .

So I wish...

A setting for the maximum (and may be also minimum -- could be usefull) zoom, in which the camera works with the zoom button/slider. This would prevent an  accidential touching of the attached filter.

And I guess... setting the zoom to a fixed value (e.g. min = max = 50mm as standard) could also be nice. Picture composition without zoom was common for ages... today, it's sometimes to easy to change zoom, than changing the position.
any bad photo is much better than any photo not shot...

Offline KaLi

• G11 CHDK, FinePix Real 3d W1, 2*A460 SDM, S50, S40
Re: Zoom Lock (or min/max setting for allowed zoom range)
« Reply #1 on: 24 / February / 2010, 12:19:50 »
No one interrested? No discussion?  :'(  :'(  :'(
any bad photo is much better than any photo not shot...