Elph 110 HS Doesn't Say Version # - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum

Elph 110 HS Doesn't Say Version #

• 5 Replies
Elph 110 HS Doesn't Say Version #
« on: 07 / April / 2014, 17:25:35 »
Advertisements
I'm trying out CHDK on my Elph 110 HS.
I cleared out my SD card, put in two new files: ver.req and vers.req
When I put the card in my camera and press the func. set button and the display button, it doesn't change the image.
Can anyone help me? Thanks,
    Tim

Edit: It also doesn't work when I hold down Func. set and then press display. I do get a cool clock though. I am turning on the camera by pressing review, then holding func. set until the clock shows up (I've tried longer too), and then I press display. I try pressing all of the buttons, and none of them tell me the model number.
« Last Edit: 07 / April / 2014, 17:50:36 by timothy.elgersma »

Offline zeno

Re: Elph 110 HS Doesn't Say Version #
« Reply #1 on: 07 / April / 2014, 18:11:18 »
By far the easiest way to find out the info is to use my ACID app. And if you want to install CHDK too, use my STICK app instead.

See http://www.zenoshrdlu.com/acid/acid.html

and http://www.zenoshrdlu.com/stick/stick.html
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

« Reply #2 on: 07 / April / 2014, 18:18:13 »
I'm trying out CHDK on my Elph 110 HS.
I cleared out my SD card, put in two new files: ver.req and vers.req
When I put the card in my camera and press the func. set button and the display button, it doesn't change the image.  It also doesn't work when I hold down Func. set and then press display. I do get a cool clock though. I am turning on the camera by pressing review, then holding func. set until the clock shows up (I've tried longer too), and then I press display. I try pressing all of the buttons, and none of them tell me the model number.
Using ver.req & vers.req does not always work on newer cameras.   I'm guessing you are following some old and possibly obsolete instructions.  The most current (and only complete) set of installation instructions for CHDK is always found here :  http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Prepare_your_SD_card

And like zeno said,  the STICK utility link he provided (which is also at the top of the wiki page I just linked) is by far the easiest way to install CHDK.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #3 on: 07 / April / 2014, 19:15:33 »
So I downloaded STICK to help set up my card, but I don't know what to do. Opening stick.jar shows me two folders and a bunch of .class files. Inside the two folders are more folders, all filled with .class files.
What do I do with all this new stuff I downloaded? (I have the latest version of Java)

« Reply #4 on: 07 / April / 2014, 20:24:20 »
So I downloaded STICK to help set up my card, but I don't know what to do. Opening stick.jar shows me two folders and a bunch of .class files. Inside the two folders are more folders, all filled with .class files.
What do I do with all this new stuff I downloaded? (I have the latest version of Java)
Typically,  you just double click on the STICK.JAR file to run it.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline zeno

« Reply #5 on: 08 / April / 2014, 04:32:34 »
Timothy - the STICK webpage tells you how to run STICK, which depends on which operating system your computer is using (Mac OSX, Linux and various versions of Windows). If you are a Windows user just double-click on stick.bat (for older versions) or stickx.cmd (for Windows 7/8).
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit