Importing DNG Images Directly from ELPH 310 HS - RAW Shooting and Processing - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

Importing DNG Images Directly from ELPH 310 HS

• 4 Replies

Offline jtrue

Importing DNG Images Directly from ELPH 310 HS
« on: 28 / February / 2013, 18:55:22 »
Advertisements
For some reason I can't see DNG files when I browse the folder they are saved in on my camera.  When I pull the card out and put it in a card reader the DNG files appear.  Anyone have any ideas on why this occurs?

Re: Importing DNG Images Directly from ELPH 310 HS
« Reply #1 on: 28 / February / 2013, 18:57:27 »
For some reason I can't see DNG files when I browse the folder they are saved in on my camera.  When I pull the card out and put it in a card reader the DNG files appear.  Anyone have any ideas on why this occurs?
The camera's software used to xfer pictures over the USB wire only looks for certain file extension - like JPG.   It just ignores things with DNG as an extension.   You can use the CHDK RAW menu to change the file extension to something the software will recognize.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline jtrue

« Reply #2 on: 28 / February / 2013, 19:18:24 »
Thanks, so when I change the file extension to jpeg it's obviously not a jpeg and can't be previewed in Lightroom.  Is it possible to import them with Lightroom and change the file extension while doing so?

Offline jtrue

« Reply #3 on: 28 / February / 2013, 20:20:30 »
Found another thread and see that it's more of a hassle than it's worth.  Looks like i'll just bring my memory card reader with me. 

« Reply #4 on: 28 / February / 2013, 20:33:14 »
Found another thread and see that it's more of a hassle than it's worth.  Looks like i'll just bring my memory card reader with me. 
Or you could use one of the CHDK ptp programs :  http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/PTP_Extension
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16