Newbie question: aperture settings A710 - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum  

Newbie question: aperture settings A710

• 2 Replies
Newbie question: aperture settings A710
« on: 30 / September / 2010, 21:20:49 »
Advertisements
Hi all,

I'm a newbie here and had a question about aperture settings on my A710. Normally the aperture range is f/2.8-f/4.8; after I install CHDK, what will the new range be?

Thanks in advance for your help!
« Last Edit: 30 / September / 2010, 21:42:25 by dino »

Offline SkyWalker9

• SX20 IS (fw 1.02b)
Re: Newbie question: aperture settings A710
« Reply #1 on: 01 / October / 2010, 00:32:36 »
...had a question about aperture settings on my A710. Normally the aperture range is f/2.8-f/4.8; after I install CHDK, what will the new range be?
Welcome!

There is a CHDK web page for camera features located here: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CameraFeatures

The web page starts out saying, "Since the discovery of many new override features, some far surpassing what the cameras were originally sold to do, it has been found that each make and model of camera may have variations in the absolute limits of Shutter-Speeds, F-Stops, ISO-Values, Motion-Detection Speed, among others."

However, you need to also read the last paragraph, "Important! -- Just because you can set an override shutter-speed, f/stop or ISO sensitivity on your camera with CHDK, it doesn't mean your camera can actually do that setting."

Although the web page lists several important camera features, there are many new things you'll be able to do using CHDK that aren't listed on the web page: powerful scripting capability, RAW/DNG modes, a true battery state icon, On Screen Display (OSD) can be configured any way YOU want, etc.

Re: Newbie question: aperture settings A710
« Reply #2 on: 01 / October / 2010, 19:52:10 »
Thanks for the reply and information. I'll download it and go through the testing procedures to see what range I end up with.