SD940 (IXUS120) porting thread

• 542 Replies

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: SD940 (IXUS120) porting thread
« Reply #270 on: 25 / January / 2011, 06:23:12 »
Advertisements
When I connect the USB cable it does the equivalent of a "half press".  Is that normal and if so is there an easy way to make it complete the process ?
--> http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_User_Manual#Remote_Parameters

« Reply #271 on: 25 / January / 2011, 07:05:31 »
--> http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_User_Manual#Remote_Parameters
Thanks - that explains how to use the remote in "non-scripted mode".  I was trying to work with this :

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/USB_Remote_Cable   <-- also a good writeup.

So by plugging the USB cable in and out twice I can get the shutter to fire in non-scripted mode if I get the timing right.  Good enough for me - I'm going to declare the remote feature working on this port.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #272 on: 30 / January / 2011, 18:02:21 »
hi guys,

at first i really want to thank you for all the effort! i only bought the ixus120 because i read in this forum that there is a port for this camera - even if it is in beta-status, i like hacking something until it works ;)

i works fine with my ixus120 and firmware 103c. its really a nice thing. i just had a problem starting it via "firmware update" but now it works with the autostart readonly card modus, which is fine.

i would like to use my cam for timelapse movies so i need delay-shooting. i tried the "7upLight.bas" script and it works well until the script wants to power down the display. i think the script crashed at this action.

maybe its "set_backlight 0" ?

so thats one issue i "found" and the battery-display always says "0%"... but i think that was mentioned earlier.

so thanks a lot!
greets from germany,

kim
« Last Edit: 30 / January / 2011, 18:19:58 by Babel »

« Reply #273 on: 30 / January / 2011, 21:31:38 »
I just had a problem starting it via "firmware update" but now it works with the autostart readonly card modus, which is fine.

You need a ps.fi2 file built for your specific release to use the firmware update method.  These are typically not included - search this forum for more details.

i would like to use my cam for timelapse movies so i need delay-shooting. i tried the "7upLight.bas" script and it works well until the script wants to power down the display. i think the script crashed at this action.

Can't find that script on the forum or wiki.  I find that its a major problem trying to find scripts here - lots out there but hard to search. Please post a link or cut&paste it into a code box here ?

so thats one issue i "found" and the battery-display always says "0%"... but i think that was mentioned earlier.

Works for me but for some reason you might have to reset the limits in the OSD -> Battery menu.   Set the Max voltage to 4500 and the MIN voltage to 3000 and see what that does ?

« Reply #274 on: 31 / January / 2011, 04:21:49 »
Hi,
You need a ps.fi2 file built for your specific release to use the firmware update method.  These are typically not included - search this forum for more details.
Ok thanks but i think its more comfortable with the autostart-mode!

Can't find that script on the forum or wiki.  I find that its a major problem trying to find scripts here - lots out there but hard to search. Please post a link or cut&paste it into a code box here ?
i found the script in a german beta-release of the ixus100. i also attached the script to this post. or do you have a "timelapse"-script which works with power down the display?
http://downloads.chdk-treff.de/autobuild/ixus100_sd780-100c-1.1.0-full_BETA_rev_564.zip

Works for me but for some reason you might have to reset the limits in the OSD -> Battery menu.   Set the Max voltage to 4500 and the MIN voltage to 3000 and see what that does ?
Ok thanks, will try it out when i'm home!

kim

« Reply #275 on: 01 / February / 2011, 17:56:08 »
me again.

the "7upLight" script works fine and also powering off the lcd display works now. the "7upLight" script uses the optical finder from the camera by default, the ixus120 doesn't have one so i had to deactivate this feature. that caused the error and was the problem, sorry for the confusion.

so i have to power on the lcd display every time I take a picture. i think i can live with that!

your tip, resetting the limits in the OSD -> Battery menu, works fine for me! thx for that too ;)

:)

kim

bugmenot

« Reply #276 on: 04 / February / 2011, 10:34:16 »
Is there any hope for 102c catching up with the progress of 103c any time soon?
(Or maybe a tutorial on how to help porting it to 102c? CS student here.)

« Reply #277 on: 04 / February / 2011, 11:14:49 »
Is there any hope for 102c catching up with the progress of 103c any time soon?
(Or maybe a tutorial on how to help porting it to 102c? CS student here.)
As far as I know,  the 102c is current with the 103c.  Download available here http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=5855

There might still be a small offset problem with some of the display modes - I have not seen anything from waldo about that in a while.

bugmenot

« Reply #278 on: 04 / February / 2011, 11:40:47 »
As far as I know,  the 102c is current with the 103c.  Download available here http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=5855
There might still be a small offset problem with some of the display modes - I have not seen anything from waldo about that in a while.

Are you sure about this? The Beta Testing Status Page as referenced in the first thread post does not reflect a match up. Quite the opposite. The column for 102c is pretty much empty (=>"no") while 103c is almost entirely filled with "yes". Or am I mistaken?

« Reply #279 on: 04 / February / 2011, 14:26:18 »
Are you sure about this? The Beta Testing Status Page as referenced in the first thread post does not reflect a match up. Quite the opposite. The column for 102c is pretty much empty (=>"no") while 103c is almost entirely filled with "yes". Or am I mistaken?
I see the confusion now.  

Some time ago I added the Beta Testing Status page to track what works and doesn't work. What mostly doesn't work is the Beta Testing Status page itself - nobody seems really interested in keeping it up to date (unfortunately including me).  I guess I should probably delete it.

Meanwhile,  in answer to your question,  yes, I'm sure the 102c and 103c version are pretty much in the same state.

EDIT :  @bugemenot - if you have a 102c - how about loading up Beta 6, testing and updating the Beta Testing Status page for that firmware ?

« Last Edit: 04 / February / 2011, 14:49:59 by waterwingz »