IXUS 132 / ELPH 115 IS Porting Thread - page 11 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

IXUS 132 / ELPH 115 IS Porting Thread

• 110 Replies
Re: IXUS 132 / ELPH 115 IS Porting Thread
« Reply #100 on: 18 / May / 2015, 11:32:45 »
Advertisements
I have tried corralling the chdk version for the V100b firmware but the script doesn't run as it should.
I'm not sure that I understand what you have done here?   By "script" do you mean STICK?   Or are you saying you were actually able to install the 1.00b version of CHDK for the ixus132, run it, and activate the ultimate.lua script?

Is there any way i could get a firmware dump so any one with the knowledge could help me getting a working chdk on that camera?
link > Obtaining a firmware dump

Any way to update the firmware to 100b?
Only if Canon provides an official firmware update.  Which they almost never do unless there is a very serious problem.

What i have done so far...
i did download both small and full versions for ixus 132 v100b and managed to load them via stick.
The small version didn't work at all with the ultimate intervalometer script but the full chdk version is currently tested running the script. It looks ok but i have to check to make sure it is stable...
I will try to get a dump from the camera and upload it so you can have a look.
Thanks  for the help...

« Reply #101 on: 18 / May / 2015, 11:38:28 »
What i have done so far...
i did download both small and full versions for ixus 132 v100b and managed to load them via stick.
Typically,  this means that the 1.00a & 1.00b version are sufficiently alike that a seperate port is not required.

The small version didn't work at all with the ultimate intervalometer script but the full chdk version is currently tested running the script.
The small version isn't complete.  You need to have installed the large version first - the small version can then be used for updates.   Except when it doesn't work.     The original intention of the small version was to save bandwidth by not downloading the entire package every time.   Useful if you are connected by a 56K dialup modem and pretty much useless for anyone with a proper "high speed" connection.    I'm not sure why we maintain a small version - it doesn't save much and frequently causes confusion.

It looks ok but i have to check to make sure it is stable...
I'll be surprised if it doesn't work.

I will try to get a dump from the camera and upload it so you can have a look.
Probably still worth checking so please go ahead.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline KenO

Status IXUS 132 / ELPH 115 IS Porting Thread?
« Reply #102 on: 16 / June / 2015, 12:06:32 »
Status IXUS 132 / ELPH 115 IS Porting Thread?

A friend with a ELPH 115 IS would like to try CHDK.  While non tech, he has had some experience with Alpha and Beta software so I was asked to check what does not work with the Alpha IXUS 132 / ELPH 115 IS CHDK?

Will add he did a search fo both the IXUS 132 / ELPH 115 Wiki  http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/ELPH115 and forum
but found nothing.  I searched but also found nothing.

Is there a website that  IXUS 132 / ELPH 115 owners can check to find out what needs to be completed to enable the IXUS 132 / ELPH 115 IS Port to go from ALPHA to Stable?

Also is it possible for non techs to help?

Thanks

Ken

« Reply #103 on: 13 / January / 2017, 08:40:37 »
Hello!
I have been an owner of IXUS 132 (ELPH 115) just for the capability of running CHDK on it, but I had observed that the firmware is still in ALPHA. Can someone inform me when the Full version firmware will be available.

P.S. (Important!) - The focus functionality using CHDK, does not work on the IXUS 132 camera. Hopefully you will be able to fix this soon.

Thank you very much!

Offline reyalp

« Reply #104 on: 13 / January / 2017, 16:06:45 »
Hello!
I have been an owner of IXUS 132 (ELPH 115) just for the capability of running CHDK on it, but I had observed that the firmware is still in ALPHA. Can someone inform me when the Full version firmware will be available.
The alpha / beta labels really don't necessarily mean a port is incomplete. It means that the last developer to work on the port either considered it not completely tested, or knew of incomplete features. The status is only changed when someone with specific knowledge of the port requests that it be changes
P.S. (Important!) - The focus functionality using CHDK, does not work on the IXUS 132 camera. Hopefully you will be able to fix this soon.
According the the code, subject distance override should work when AF Lock is enabled or script set_mf(1) has been called.

You can enable AF lock using either the normal canon UI (usually half press + focus mode button) or using the set_aflock script function.

If SD override does not work with either of these, more investigation will be required. I would not expect SD override in auto focus mode to be fixable, unless the existing defines are due to copy/paste.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #105 on: 14 / January / 2017, 08:32:20 »
Hello!
The alpha / beta labels really don't necessarily mean a port is incomplete. It means that the last developer to work on the port either considered it not completely tested, or knew of incomplete features. The status is only changed when someone with specific knowledge of the port requests that it be changes
According the the code, subject distance override should work when AF Lock is enabled or script set_mf(1) has been called.

You can enable AF lock using either the normal canon UI (usually half press + focus mode button) or using the set_aflock script function.

If SD override does not work with either of these, more investigation will be required. I would not expect SD override in auto focus mode to be fixable, unless the existing defines are due to copy/paste.

- Thank you very much for your answer! I had tried using the SD ovveride function again, I checked the statuses of the Continuous and Servo AF and they were both Off. I also used the MFTest.lua script as I do not have and did not found the - set_mf script. Even after doing all this, the SD ovveride function doesn;t work on my IXUS 132.

I hope this was helpful. For more questions, feel free to contact me. And I thank you again for your quick reply.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #106 on: 14 / January / 2017, 14:28:20 »
I also used the MFTest.lua script as I do not have and did not found the - set_mf script. Even after doing all this, the SD ovveride function doesn;t work on my IXUS 132.
set_mf is a function you would use within a script. If you want a script to do this, you can just put
Code: [Select]
set_mf(1)
in the script. Note that the script must be run when the camera is in shooting mode.

However, it's probably easier to just use the Canon AF Lock shortcut. Just press the shutter half way and when the camera has focused, press the left button. The focus will then be locked as far as the Canon firmware is concerned (AFL icon appears on the OSD) and CHDK should be able to override it. Canon AF Lock may not be available in some modes like AUTO.

« Reply #107 on: 15 / January / 2017, 00:44:52 »
I also used the MFTest.lua script as I do not have and did not found the - set_mf script. Even after doing all this, the SD ovveride function doesn;t work on my IXUS 132.
set_mf is a function you would use within a script. If you want a script to do this, you can just put
Code: [Select]
set_mf(1)
in the script. Note that the script must be run when the camera is in shooting mode.

However, it's probably easier to just use the Canon AF Lock shortcut. Just press the shutter half way and when the camera has focused, press the left button. The focus will then be locked as far as the Canon firmware is concerned (AFL icon appears on the OSD) and CHDK should be able to override it. Canon AF Lock may not be available in some modes like AUTO.

After following your instructions correctly, I managed to activate the AFL function and now the SD works perfectly.
The thing is that on my other camera SX170IS and the past cameras I had A480 and A1400, the SD worked "out of the box". But the important things is that it works now on my IXUS 132, and I can not thank you enough. It was really important for me, that this worked.

Thank you!

Offline reyalp

« Reply #108 on: 15 / January / 2017, 01:25:04 »
After following your instructions correctly, I managed to activate the AFL function and now the SD works perfectly.
Glad to hear it worked.
The thing is that on my other camera SX170IS and the past cameras I had A480 and A1400, the SD worked "out of the box".
Yes, on some cameras SD override works in AF mode, on some it doesn't. It would be nice if CHDK automatically engaged the required AFL / set_mf on cameras that need it, but it's not clear how to implement this in a way that's consistent and clear to the user.

« Reply #109 on: 15 / January / 2017, 02:06:21 »
Yes, on some cameras SD override works in AF mode, on some it doesn't. It would be nice if CHDK automatically engaged the required AFL / set_mf on cameras that need it, but it's not clear how to implement this in a way that's consistent and clear to the user.
That's why we went through the whole process of figuring out and documenting what worked for each camera : 
CHDK MF Testing Xref

And if IIRC,  somewhere in this thread we decided not to automatically set AFL or MF in the CHDK SD override menu.   Or maybe we decided that in the IRC conversations at the time.

The final compromise was the get_sd_over_modes( ) function, which at the least allowed a script to make a somewhat intellegent choice about handling manual focus.

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16