HDRlapse.lua - an HDR intervalometer with fast shooting - page 5 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum  

HDRlapse.lua - an HDR intervalometer with fast shooting

• 46 Replies
Re: HDRlapse.lua - an HDR intervalometer with fast shooting
« Reply #40 on: 12 / August / 2017, 15:38:43 »
Advertisements
I knew the display was the big killer. I'm working on getting that as I desire. Just wondered if there was anything else worth trying.
Some data is posted here. It's a bit old - functions like set_lcd_display( ) were not available at the time.  My conclusion was that just disabling the backlight is not that effective - you need to turn off the whole display and possibly the sensor too. But if you are shooting quickly (less that one shot per minute) then there are not a lot of opportunities beyond turning off the display.

Have you considered an external battery pack?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline topshot

• S100
« Reply #41 on: 12 / August / 2017, 18:59:05 »
My conclusion was that just disabling the backlight is not that effective - you need to turn off the whole display and possibly the sensor too. But if you are shooting quickly (less that one shot per minute) then there are not a lot of opportunities beyond turning off the display.

Have you considered an external battery pack?
No time for that. I decided to stick with your display off all the time unless a button is pushed. It has hung up once (pressing the shutter). I'll try to be make sure it is between sets of shots.
I don't see how the sensor is turned off. Is that a set_prop setting?

« Reply #42 on: 12 / August / 2017, 19:06:04 »
I don't see how the sensor is turned off. Is that a set_prop setting?
No - it's more complicated than that.  It's a side effect of putting the camera into certain states - usually with levent or other direct firmware calls.  Off the top of my head,  I don't remember which but things like "standby" on cameras that support short cuts come to mind. 

Offline topshot

• S100
« Reply #43 on: 12 / August / 2017, 19:43:46 »
Seems to be a burst mode bug not setting Av/Sv so I am trying this as a temp fix
Code: [Select]
    if ( ( expmode == 1 ) and (pass==1) )then
        set_av96(av96)
        set_sv96(sv96)
        pass=2
    end
or do those need set on each shot like fast mode? There is likely some set_prop like you did for Tv I could use, too.

Offline topshot

• S100
« Reply #44 on: 12 / August / 2017, 20:03:55 »
Seems to be a burst mode bug not setting Av/Sv so I am trying this as a temp fix
Code: [Select]
    if ( ( expmode == 1 ) and (pass==1) )then
        set_av96(av96)
        set_sv96(sv96)
        pass=2
    end
or do those need set on each shot like fast mode? There is likely some set_prop like you did for Tv I could use, too.
Discovered those must be set for each shot so removed the pass==1.

« Reply #45 on: 29 / April / 2018, 09:59:14 »
Hi everyone, 1st of all many thanks to the developer of the script for its work.

I successfully shooted a 2-hour timelepse with a friend's A490 @ interval of 2 secs.

Now I need to understand how to HDR render: merging 3 sequential filenames (ex. IMG_0001.jpg + IMG_0002.jpg + IMG_0003.jpg) is correct ?

Thanks in advice to anyone will help.

« Reply #46 on: 29 / April / 2018, 10:05:13 »
Now I need to understand how to HDR render: merging 3 sequential filenames (ex. IMG_0001.jpg + IMG_0002.jpg + IMG_0003.jpg) is correct ?
That is correct - you need to merge three images with sequential filenames.  To do that, you'll need some software on your PC and either a lot of patience or a good workflow tool.

Here's some links from the CHDK wiki to get you started on that :

link > CHDK Software : HDR

link > Stacking Software

Please feel free to make any corrections or additions that you discover?