Is CHDK compatible with Canon SD1200IS or D10? - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum

Is CHDK compatible with Canon SD1200IS or D10?

• 2 Replies
Is CHDK compatible with Canon SD1200IS or D10?
« on: 23 / April / 2010, 12:34:26 »
Advertisements
Looking for a compact point and shoot with very good/excellent image quality that can doing time lapses.  Plan to primarily do outdoor photography, mostly in the winter.  Considering the SD1200IS and D10, but noticed they are not on the list of cameras compatible with CHDK.  Will these newer models work with CHDK?  If not, is anyone out there working on a release that would be compatible?  If not, perhaps I will look at some of the older models, like the SD1100IS.

I'd appreciate any help.
Thanks.

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: Is CHDK compatible with Canon SD1200IS or D10?
« Reply #1 on: 23 / April / 2010, 14:11:16 »
Hello & welcome, rookie1 !

Considering the SD1200IS and D10, but noticed they are not on the list of cameras compatible with CHDK.  Will these newer models work with CHDK?
The D10 is not supported yet, ATM there's no developer working on porting this camera.
For the SD1200 with firmware version 1.00C there's a beta version available, read more in the SD1200 porting thread.

See also CHDK wikia: For developers for the state of all Powershots and the camera pages ( http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Cameras ) for more informations on a specific camera model.

Re: Is CHDK compatible with Canon SD1200IS or D10?
« Reply #2 on: 26 / April / 2010, 12:02:24 »
Thanks for the info.  I'm still a little new to all of this.  I'm basically interested in using CHDK for taking time lapse photos, and possibly using the RAW format w/ Lightroom.  Will time lapse (interval shooting) or RAW work with the beta version of CHDK for the SD1200IS?  I did read through alot of the posts, but couldn't figure out what works and doesn't work yet.

Essentially, I'm shopping for a camera right now, and a little hesitant to purchase an SD1200IS if I can't get a time lapse feature to work on it.  I.e. I might purchase something else in the meantime.

Thanks again.