yet another personal build (archive)
« Reply #10 on: 04 / March / 2008, 10:09:01 »
Advertisements
updated first post

« Reply #11 on: 04 / March / 2008, 12:31:30 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 13:24:31 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline Jucifer

• [A710IS]
« Reply #12 on: 04 / March / 2008, 13:27:20 »
if there was a way where halt-press + menu would call up the custom menu even if not in <ALT> mode
I, too, thought about this, when I accidently pressed half_shoot + menu in "normal" mode. :] Again, I'm no programmer, but I'll see if I can come up with something... (Help...! :) Perhaps shoot_half + menu in normal mode could set a variable and enter alt, then if variable was set, enter custom menu, and when (if) menu/disp(/shortcut) is pressed, exits alt, if variable was set... Hmm...

As for zoom, I might prefer _out for 10s.

Offline Jucifer

• [A710IS]
« Reply #13 on: 14 / March / 2008, 07:53:34 »
Updated first post.

Offline Jucifer

• [A710IS]
« Reply #14 on: 14 / March / 2008, 16:15:41 »

« Reply #15 on: 15 / March / 2008, 13:18:30 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 13:24:58 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline wontolla

• S3 & G9 & A720
« Reply #16 on: 15 / March / 2008, 13:54:36 »
I had extra folders off of the root menu which I needed to delete (camera was reporting "Card Full!" error). I went to go delete those folders to free some space, but somehow I seem to have lost the ability to delete whole folders.
Barney, are you sure there's nothing wrong with your card? I just downloaded Jucifer's latest build and I can erase folders.

« Reply #17 on: 15 / March / 2008, 13:56:19 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 13:25:16 by Barney Fife »

Offline Jucifer

• [A710IS]
« Reply #18 on: 15 / March / 2008, 14:29:50 »
One thing I liked was that little indicator in the upper-left corner of what unit of measure I was changing with the zoom rocker. And while I agree that with your more direct method using the zoom-rocker and half-press shortcuts that's not as necessary, it might still be nice to have that indicator up there as a visual-feedback learning cue.
I've been thinking of trying to add the indicator, but I don't know, if I'll bother. After all, this is just a personal build I'd like to share a few ideas every now and then with. :] (Hm, what a sentence... is it even grammatically right?)

The ways to call up the custom-menu and full menu can be a bit confusing, but there's tons of options for anyone to decide what is best. The first time I set it to instant-on I couldn't figure out how to get just into plain <ALT> mode so I could press [SET] for the scripts menu, but a 3rd press of [MENU] got me where I needed to be. It would just take some time to get comfortable with that many options. I do like those 1EV and 2EV jumps though.
Since there are only so many menu entries that I really use, I think user menu as root could be quite useful. And since I use also script menu often, for me it's better to have both menus accessible with minimal effort. And I use up/down/EV jumping all the time.

lost the ability to delete whole folders
Tested (once), deleted non-empty folder.

As for filespace-stuff, it's in the trunk now. Didn't touch it in this build...

How would using set-key for setting numeric variables to 0 sound like? (And resetting enum-variables.) (I think I already kind of almost suggested this. Anyhow, might put this in my next public personal build. ;)

Offline Jucifer

• [A710IS]
« Reply #19 on: 03 / April / 2008, 09:02:29 »