Executing Event Procedures by name - page 5 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Executing Event Procedures by name

• 43 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: Executing Event Procedures by name
« Reply #40 on: 30 / May / 2010, 05:43:33 »
Advertisements
With the CHDK disassembly, especially the very first versions, where do the function names come from .. how were they worked-out ?
Many are based on strings in the firmware. I assume the rest were just made up, except in the cases where someone recognized a standard function.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline whoever

• IXUS950
« Reply #41 on: 30 / May / 2010, 12:28:35 »
With the CHDK disassembly, especially the very first versions, where do the function names come from .. how were they worked-out ?
Many are based on strings in the firmware. I assume the rest were just made up, except in the cases where someone recognized a standard function.
Early on, there was a canon f/w upgrade (A610 or A620, if my memory serves), which contained a table with some 2000 function names and pointers. The first IDA sigs were mostly based on that (rus. forum link). With the introduction of DryOS, the naming in the first (A720) port was probably done mostly by hand, partly based on the known VxWorks functions. The first DryOS IDA sigs were based on that port. Don't know who and how improved those sigs to their current state.

« Reply #42 on: 08 / June / 2010, 09:53:38 »
Early on, there was a canon f/w upgrade (A610 or A620, if my memory serves), which contained a table with some 2000 function names and pointers. The first IDA sigs were mostly based on that (rus. forum link).

Too bad that I cannot read Russian, that looks a very interesting forum.

Offline whoever

• IXUS950
« Reply #43 on: 09 / June / 2010, 12:24:34 »
Too bad that I cannot read Russian, that looks a very interesting forum.
Those parts that are in intelligible Russian are reasonably handled by the Google translator or alike.