SX110IS Always Boots in "Play" mode? - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum  

SX110IS Always Boots in "Play" mode?

• 2 Replies
SX110IS Always Boots in "Play" mode?
« on: 07 / August / 2009, 21:10:11 »
Advertisements
I just installed the July 20 autobuild for the SX110IS onto both a SanDisk 4GB and a Transcend 16GB card, and running on each of those cards, the camera always boots into play mode. Pressing the "play" button just turns the screen off and has no useful, obvious effect.

However, using the shooting mode dial, if I change it from its current position to ANYTHING else while booted into play mode, it goes right into the proper shooting mode as selected.  Kinda weird.

Performance is pretty good for "beta". Has worked well so far...

Worthwhile to note that the camera boots normally to non-CHDK memory cards.

Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks!

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: SX110IS Always Boots in "Play" mode?
« Reply #1 on: 08 / August / 2009, 09:21:15 »
...written soooo many times in the forum & everywhere... ;)
...e.g. here:
Hello & welcome, maurizio !

...it always starts in Play mode (even if camera is in Record Mode) and I neeed to press any button (shutter release for example or rotary dial) to switch it to Record Mode and start to take shots.

This is the usual behaviour on most newer cameras (normally on cams with an additional "Play [>]" button), caused by the firmware update mechanism (CHDK always use this to boot).

On some cameras you can start directly in record mode with a long press to the power button (hold the button for ~2 seconds to power on)
, don't know whether this works on the SX110...

Re: SX110IS Always Boots in "Play" mode?
« Reply #2 on: 08 / August / 2009, 14:32:21 »
...written soooo many times in the forum & everywhere... ;)
Sorry about that.  Thought I did enough searching with different wording.  FWIW, the "hold down for two seconds" trick did work on my SX110IS.