Focus problem with motion detector - Creative Uses of CHDK - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Focus problem with motion detector

• 1 Replies
Focus problem with motion detector
« on: 13 / February / 2014, 03:50:33 »
Advertisements
Hello,

I'd like to shoot photos about birds with the Motion Detect Plus script (Last winter I used Fudgey's fast motion detection script and had the same problem). I have a bird feeder hanging from a tree. I set the camera to watch one of the branches of the tree and shoot a photo when it detects motion (hopefully a bird). My camera is a Canon SX230HS with the stable CHDK 1.2.
Firstly, I tried to use manual focus (the camera was in 'P' mode). Usually the first picture was good, but after that, the camera lost the focus and the branch it was supposed to watch was totally out of focus. The only solution I had is too zoom at the branch, so the autofocus can focus at it.
My question is if there is anything I can do to lock the focus to the value that I set with the manual focus?

Thanks in advance,
Zsolt

Re: Focus problem with motion detector
« Reply #1 on: 13 / February / 2014, 08:55:45 »
My question is if there is anything I can do to lock the focus to the value that I set with the manual focus?
Yes - you can use the SD override to do so from the Canon menu or you can modify the script you are using.

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_Manual_Focus_and_Subject_Distance_Overrides

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16