SX280 HS 101B Dump - I am truly willing to help test if someone develops - page 6 - Firmware Dumping - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

SX280 HS 101B Dump - I am truly willing to help test if someone develops

• 54 Replies

Offline srsa_4c

Advertisements
An additional way of running binary code on the camera is by using the AdditionAgentRAM event procedure (it is registered by System.Create) from Canon Basic. This expects a file name as first and a string(?) as second argument. It loads the file at a fixed memory address (which can be guessed easily by looking at the eventproc's code) then starts the loaded code as a task with the name "AdditionAgent". Note that this task is created with only 512 bytes of stack space. The file can be either encoded with "dancing bits" or a plain binary. It's treated as unencoded if its first byte is not 0. The maximum file size is 0x22000. (all this is based on the sx280 disassembly, it's probably still valid for the s120)
If I'm not mistaken, LEDs are now using a new GPIO range over 0xd20b0000, and need to be switched differently (details can be found in the LEDCon task).

Is there anyway to enable the USB cable remote shutter release on the SX280HS without needing the entire CHDK.

Is there anyway to enable the USB cable remote shutter release on the SX280HS without needing the entire CHDK.
No.  Individual features of CHDK require pretty much all of CHDK to be ported.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline reyalp

Not really. Getting the basic infrastructure in place to run anything is the majority of the work.

See this thread http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=11316.0 for Digic 6 development.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Re: SX280 HS 101B Dump - I am truly willing to help test if someone develops
« Reply #54 on: 15 / September / 2014, 17:58:06 »
see also http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=11550.80
for a more active thread on porting CHDK for SX280 HS