Scripts won't run ... - Script Writing - CHDK Forum

Scripts won't run ...

• 5 Replies
Scripts won't run ...
« on: 12 / December / 2011, 04:29:25 »
Advertisements
First, many thanks in advance.

Simply stated, CHDK is loaded but scripts won't run ... the included scripts with the CHDK won't run (both .bas and .lun in the 4Pack folder), copied scripts from websites won't run and simple scripts written by me won't run.

Each time:  I go into alt mode, enter menu, navigate to the script section, find the script, load the script, exit menu, make sure I am in alt mode and then activate the script by pushing the shutter release.  The script appears to run as I get the following:

*** STARTED ***
This is a default script.
Scripts run when shutter
is pressed in ALT mode.
Press shutter to exit.
*** FINISHED ***

The text even "loops" the correct number of times for the number of shots (if say, I am running an intervalometer or a simple script that takes 3 pics) ... in other words the "This is a default ..." will loop itself as it goes through the script the exact number of times that equals the number of "snaps" in the script.

100% of the time it does NOT take a single picture ... in playback mode there are no new pictures.

The rest of the functions for CHDK that are "non script" appear to work fine.

To recap: I have 100% CHDK functionality BUT 0% script "running" ability.

Any ideas?

Re: Scripts won't run ...
« Reply #1 on: 12 / December / 2011, 09:12:59 »
Would you please post your camera model and firmware version ?

What does the screen say in the lower left in <ALT> mode ?   It should be the name of the script you just loaded.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #2 on: 12 / December / 2011, 11:33:35 »
Certainly ... thanks for replying!

Powershot S90
Firmware GM1.01B

Yes, after I load the script and exit menu, I then make sure that the camera is in alt mode.  The name of
the script appears in the lower left corner (if it is one that I created and added to the SD card) or it says
"Default Scrip" (if it is one of the ones that came in CHDK, like in the "4Pack" directory).

Thanks again!

« Reply #3 on: 12 / December / 2011, 12:15:34 »
Okay - so we know you have a camera with a stable port.   And we know that other people run scripts all the time on this camera.  So what else could be wrong ?

There is potentially a path length issue for some cameras with some of the scripts in the "4Pack".  What happens if you move interval.bas from the /CHDK/SCRIPTS/4Pack/uBasic directory to /CHDK/SCRIPTS and try to run it from there ?

« Reply #4 on: 12 / December / 2011, 14:57:27 »
Outstanding!!!  That was it ... I NEVER would have figured that out.

A thousand thanks coming your way!

« Reply #5 on: 12 / December / 2011, 15:17:01 »
I guess I need to fix that.  Thanks for the confirmation.