intervalometer w/ lcd and flash TURNED OFF for A470 high-altitude balloon shots - Script Writing - CHDK Forum

intervalometer w/ lcd and flash TURNED OFF for A470 high-altitude balloon shots

• 7 Replies
Advertisements
Greetings,

I am gearing up for a high-altitude balloon flight but I'm having issues with the various intervalometers I've tried here so far.  Here is the problem:  yes, I can turn the lcd to go off after so many seconds, but then when the camera starts taking shots automatically per the script, the LCD comes right back on and won't go off.  Also, it wants to use the flash when light is dim, and I can't have that either because the batteries will die fast; it also won't do any good when you're 100K in the air...

I found one that is in LAU script; it is supposed to turn the LCD off after so many shots, but it doesn't work on my A470.  It keeps saying Unkn-something.  I assume my camera isn't compatible with it, or I copied parts of it wrong.  I just cut and pasted and saved the way it said to.  So anyway, those MIT students used the same camera and a script from CHDK.  How did they keep the LCD off, and automatic flash off, all the while using an intervalometer?  I haven't found anything that works, and my BASIC programming is back from 1982 so I don't remember much...any help on this one?  My batteries won't last an hour with the LCD coming on constantly and the flash triggering...but I can't seem to fix this issue.

Hi.
I have simple solution for you.
Since i'v bought Canon S80 not finally CHDK ported, want to switch off display in script for my skydiving purposes.
Looking across others forums, I found simple method, not regarding CHDK at all.
You simply need to plug in dummy jack to AV-out socket.
If camera recognize plugged jack then switch display off, not affected scripting ability.
If you need to ensure if script is running, simply add some lines of code:

print "LED blink"
sleep 2000
for x=1 to 5
set_led 8 1
sleep 200
set_led 8 0
sleep 100
next x

It works in my S80!

Sorry for my english...
Yatzek

I've read about that one, but also read it isn't quite as "low power" as it would seem.  Still, it has to be using less power with the LCD off so I'll simply need to do some experiments.  Thank you for your response, and your English is just fine!
Hi.
I have simple solution for you.
Since i'v bought Canon S80 not finally CHDK ported, want to switch off display in script for my skydiving purposes.
Looking across others forums, I found simple method, not regarding CHDK at all.
You simply need to plug in dummy jack to AV-out socket.
If camera recognize plugged jack then switch display off, not affected scripting ability.
If you need to ensure if script is running, simply add some lines of code:

print "LED blink"
sleep 2000
for x=1 to 5
set_led 8 1
sleep 200
set_led 8 0
sleep 100
next x

It works in my S80!

Sorry for my english...
Yatzek

Can anyone help me on this?? you are much more advanced than I am on this. I have an A470 loaded with CHDK and all I want to do is enable the intervalometer. Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Scott

Which script is it you are trying to use?

Trying to use intervalometer script but dont see one.

Sorry for the confusion, I found one that works well. I am trying to figure out if I need a script to shut the LCD of completely.
Thanks for the help

It would be interesting if you could post up the script you are using for future reference.