KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script - page 46 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum  

KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script

• 1068 Replies
Re: KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script
« Reply #450 on: 11 / June / 2015, 17:30:10 »
Advertisements
waterwingz,
Brilliant and thank you again, I'll work through those in the morning and hopefully should be there :D

« Reply #451 on: 11 / June / 2015, 18:09:44 »
I wouldn't know which setting to select and is I need a 3 position switch and if so whether the 1st click would focus it and the 2nd take the shot???
There are several ways to set things up but the default is for the script to manage the complete shot when the USB 5V pin goes to 5V.

I've got it all working, it's on a 3 position switch and I have to move it 2 clicks to get it to take a shot, can I set it so it'll trigger the shot on 1 click ..... I'm guessing it's probably something in the TX that I need to change???

Not the end of the world if I can't but the switch is in quite an awkward place to reach and it'd jut make it that smidge easier.

« Reply #452 on: 11 / June / 2015, 18:40:07 »
I've got it all working, it's on a 3 position switch and I have to move it 2 clicks to get it to take a shot, can I set it so it'll trigger the shot on 1 click
Sorry - I'm not sure what you are describing here.   What kind of switch are you using?  A data sheet, link, diagram, or just post a picture here might help.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #453 on: 12 / June / 2015, 07:02:03 »
I've got it all working, it's on a 3 position switch and I have to move it 2 clicks to get it to take a shot, can I set it so it'll trigger the shot on 1 click
Sorry - I'm not sure what you are describing here.   What kind of switch are you using?  A data sheet, link, diagram, or just post a picture here might help.

I'm using a Futaba Transmitter / receiver on a multirotor so a standard switch that's built into the transmitter some of which are 2 position and some of which are 3 positions switches.

Any idea as well at beyond what distance you're best off using the infinity setting, I'm guessing if most of the shots I'm doing are going to be beyond 20 mtrs then it's probably going to select infinity anyway even if it was set to auto focus.

Offline zeno

« Reply #454 on: 12 / June / 2015, 07:10:56 »
It sounds as though that 3 position switch works like a joystick with just up, center and down positions. In that case, why don't you leave the switch in the middle position (shutter off) and then you'll only have to move it one click to trigger the shutter.
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

« Reply #455 on: 12 / June / 2015, 07:26:37 »
I'm using a Futaba Transmitter / receiver on a multirotor so a standard switch that's built into the transmitter some of which are 2 position and some of which are 3 positions switches.
The more important question then is what receiver are you using and what output channels does the receiver have?  Only three wire servo output control or does it have on/off ( 5v/0v ) outputs?

Any idea as well at beyond what distance you're best off using the infinity setting, I'm guessing if most of the shots I'm doing are going to be beyond 20 mtrs then it's probably going to select infinity anyway even if it was set to auto focus.
It should select infinity anyway,  but focusing takes time and slows down your maximum shot rate.  And if your kite or UAV is moving much,  it may have trouble actually locking the focus.  Which will either result in it not focussing or in it taking a long time to focus.

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #456 on: 12 / June / 2015, 07:30:18 »
Zeno,
If there's no other way then that may be a good alternative although the only reason it bothers me is I can keep my fingers on the throttle to push it up to the half way / middle position but have to take them off to go to the top position, it really is that close a call and if I'm taking lots of photos don't really want to keep relinquishing full control.
I may try and reverse the servo and see if I can get my finger round to pull it down easily and then push it back up to the half way.

Longer fingers would be another alternative  :D

« Reply #457 on: 12 / June / 2015, 07:35:31 »
The more important question then is what receiver are you using and what output channels does the receiver have?  Only three wire servo output control or does it have on/off ( 5v/0v ) outputs?

Cheers for the infinity that makes sense!!!!!

The RX is a Futaba R7008SB, I'm just googling the specs as well to see if I can make head or tale of it!!

Offline zeno

« Reply #458 on: 12 / June / 2015, 09:42:18 »
If you don't mind a bit of DIY you could always relocate the switch. Most TX switches are easy to unscrew and have a fair bit of cable attaching them to the circuit board. You could try drilling a new hole in a more convenient position.
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

« Reply #459 on: 12 / June / 2015, 13:18:02 »
The very 1st time I tried it last night I was getting a waiting for USB input signal I think I re-started the camera and then it worked.
Today I can't get it to respond at all and nothing has changed. I've tried unplugging the USB, re-plugging it in, staring the camera with the USB in and without it in and it just sits and says waiting for USB input signal.
I tried switching it to PWM in case that makes a difference and again nothing ...... any ideas???