KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script - page 61 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script

• 1068 Replies
Re: KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script
« Reply #600 on: 06 / August / 2015, 18:21:18 »
Advertisements
A560 can handle a max TV of 1/2000 - Iso 80 is possible. Which leads me to my inital question - any impact when i leave the nd filter in permanently to reduce the Chance of getting overestimated pics?
The script does not support leaving the ND filter in so you would have to change the code if that is what you want to do.  One caution I might suggest is to test and make sure that the ND filter actually stays in and does not reset between shots.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script - AEB functionality
« Reply #601 on: 17 / August / 2015, 11:22:54 »
I use a powershot A2500 for KAP. This is obviously not the most advanced or expensive camera. In a single KAP session, I can have some pictures which are over-exposed and some other pictures which are under-exposed. This made me wondering if the script would allow AEB (exposure bracketing which exists on canon EOS bodies): a single push of the shutter button (or in my case a trigger via usb) would result in three pictures: one at normal exposure, one overexposed and one underexposed (eg +1f and - 1f, but ideally the value can be set via the menu)

I dived into the script code to see if I could add this myself, but my programming skills are rather rusty and my knowledge on the internal working of a camera non-existant, so i did not immediately see a way. Inspiration could come from the HDR scripts, because for HDR, AEB is an essential component.

Any chance such function could be added?

KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script
« Reply #602 on: 17 / August / 2015, 12:07:22 »
Any chance such function could be added?
It would be fairly simple to add that.

However, I'm wondering how useful it would be? The three shots will take 3 to 6 seconds to complete (depending on the camera type and setup).  During that time, a camera swinging below a kite might move enough to make the third exposure invalid just based on the scene changing beneath it.  Is this a valid concern?

« Reply #603 on: 17 / August / 2015, 16:36:57 »
some thoughts:
I currently take a shot every five seconds, but this interval can be adapted (I'm using a gentles clickpan-pro), so the total time to take the three pictures would bother me less.
The displacement of the camera, resulting in another view, does also not bother me personally because:
  • having the exact same view is crucial for HDR, but less for this application
  • the ideal KAP situation is one where the line and camera are relatively stable, so the camera view should not change dramatically (obviously, such ideal circumstances are not always present)

It might be true that the gain in practice is less than one could hope for on paper (eg no HDR application), but if the cost would only be the need for a larger memory card and more time, I think I would in many occasions still use the option.

« Reply #604 on: 18 / August / 2015, 17:01:07 »
It might be true that the gain in practice is less than one could hope for on paper (eg no HDR application), but if the cost would only be the need for a larger memory card and more time, I think I would in many occasions still use the option.
Okay - I'll add it to the next release.   I'm a little busy right now with another project but if you PM me a real email address I'l shoot you a Beta test copy when I have a minute to spare.

Offline M141

« Reply #605 on: 19 / August / 2015, 16:06:39 »
I also like to try bracketing. When shooting sunsets or similar changing situations would be handy to have some variation in exposure control between images. HDR images would be tough, but maybe possible with some luck (lots of images), good gimbal + drone and no wind.

« Reply #606 on: 19 / August / 2015, 16:13:55 »
I also like to try bracketing. When shooting sunsets or similar changing situations would be handy to have some variation in exposure control between images. HDR images would be tough, but maybe possible with some luck (lots of images), good gimbal + drone and no wind.
Plan is to update the latest beta with that early next week.  Stay tuned.

« Reply #607 on: 04 / September / 2015, 16:40:19 »
One final update before the official release of v3.6.   

link > kap_uav.lua v3.6 Beta 15

Changes are :
  • adds an exposure bracketing option.  Takes three shots as quickly as possible ( i.e. half press held) with user selectable +/- eV offset to the 2nd & 3rd shot
  • adds seperate gentwire_USB2 and pixhawk direct PWM modes
  • code to allow a pixhawk to control shot interval based on position over the ground at rates faster than 1 fps (camera dependant) included
  • high precision USB timer is now automatically enabled in USB PWM modes
  • continuous shooting mode (i.e. fast as possible) available in all USB control modes

I've done a bunch of regression testing using my servo simulator but the script is now complex enough that I don't really have 100% test coverage.

The next update will likely jump to v4.0 when CHDK 1.4.0 is released,  allowing a number of nice new scripting tricks.

« Last Edit: 04 / September / 2015, 16:52:40 by waterwingz »

Offline M141

« Reply #608 on: 04 / September / 2015, 19:13:22 »
One final update before the official release of v3.6.   

Quick indoor test with CHDK 1.3.0-4228 ixus220_elph300hs 100c:
-Bracketing works nicely :)
-Script exit doesn't work. Camera hangs and power off with lens out everytime. Same thing happen if using Menu button, 1 min timeout or number of shots to end script. In Kap log end i see nothing for this problem?:
2015Sep05 01:55:18    Script time-out reached.
2015Sep05 01:55:18    script halt requested
2015Sep05 01:55:18    Logger : log file updated.

V3.5 is ok and exit works.

Regards Jani

« Reply #609 on: 04 / September / 2015, 20:32:01 »
-Script exit doesn't work. Camera hangs and power off with lens out everytime. Same thing happen if using Menu button, 1 min timeout or number of shots to end script. In Kap log end i see nothing for this problem?
I can't reproduce this on my A1200.  But maybe you have some settings different than mine.

To help find the problem,  would you use the  Load default param values  menu option in the Script menu to reset all your parameters,  change only the  Total Shot (0=infinite)  setting to [ 3 ] , and then run the script and report what happens?