KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script - page 73 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum  

KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script

• 1068 Replies
Re: KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script
« Reply #720 on: 04 / February / 2016, 12:35:41 »
Advertisements
The script handles cameras with a separate video button differently than those without a separate button.  As I suggesterd earlier, that only works if the CHDK port is setup correctly for the camera. I'm glad srsa_4c spotted the missing definition as it saved me posting a test script to prove this out.

OK- I see a r4416 now up on the download site....so I'm going to download and go for it....and its working quite nicely!...records video...takes a few seconds to set-up tho....very nice.

thanks guys

df
« Last Edit: 04 / February / 2016, 12:58:58 by davefolts »

« Reply #721 on: 06 / February / 2016, 11:42:19 »
Still my mind with my balloon project. I wonder how to modifiy your script for recording lens temperature.
Is there a way to have this function ?
Added in release 3.7 of script.   Available at the usual download address.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #722 on: 07 / February / 2016, 13:42:31 »
OK Guys- here is my first test of "Miniature faking using a Canon P&S camera running CHDK & KAP-UAV script". Camera mounted on my Iris+ quadcopter's hard-mount 160 feet above ground.

https://youtu.be/7YiLr1NjcZE

Thanks to all of you who helped me get started with this. There were some gremlins this AM, on the drone side, and the camera wanted to use the vertical strip instead of my desired in-focus horizontal strip....likely due to the downward pointing angle of at least 40 degrees.
Next step is to get a gimbal to eliminate the bouncing caused by wind buffeting the camera (acts like a spoiler making the Pixhawk autopilot/FMS perform constant corrections)

Dave

« Reply #723 on: 10 / February / 2016, 00:34:44 »
Added in release 3.7 of script.   Available at the usual download address.

Great ! Thank you very much. I'll test during the week !

« Reply #724 on: 12 / February / 2016, 16:07:25 »
Hi waterwings

I've tried your new script. I've a trouble that i already had before with your first scrip , but now it's stronger.

My first tests was with 1 shoot / 5s. The scrip was sometimes crashing after 11 shoots. when it was (often) working, the ixus worked for 2h by -25°C in fridge (with light for exposure shutter).
I'v tried with 10 s and 7s. It always crash after few shoots.
So i've tried again with your last script with 10 s and it always crash too.

I believe Troubles can come for this two reasons :
1- CHDK start on the SD card. Chdk is it more stable with firmware update.
2- I just drag and drop your downloaded script under OS X 10.11 on SD card

I'm sorry for my bad english but I quite perfectly understand your answers !

best granting
« Last Edit: 12 / February / 2016, 16:39:32 by Toshopo »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #725 on: 12 / February / 2016, 16:55:31 »
My first tests was with 1 shoot / 5s. The scrip was sometimes crashing after 11 shoots. when it was (often) working, the ixus worked for 2h by -25°C in fridge (with light for exposure shutter).
When you say the script is crashing, do you mean the script ends, or the whole camera shuts down?

If the camera shuts down, you should get a ROMLOG http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Debugging#Camera_crash_logs_.28romlog.29

If the script is ending, there should be some error displayed.
1- CHDK start on the SD card. Chdk is it more stable with firmware update.
This would be unusual. Normally, it shouldn't make any difference, and in the cases where there are problems it's usually the firmware update that has them.

2- I just drag and drop your downloaded script under OS X 10.11 on SD card
This should not make the script unstable. If it runs at all, it shouldn't matter how you copied it.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #726 on: 12 / February / 2016, 17:08:29 »
I've tried your new script. I've a trouble that i already had before with your first scrip , but now it's stronger.
I'v tried with 10 s and 7s. It always crash after few shoots. So i've tried again with your last script with 10 s and it always crash too.
In addition to reyalp's comments, I'd like to suggest that your problems are most likely not related to the script. To prove or disprove this,  please rerun your refrigerator test using the simple interval.lua script that comes with CHDK at a 10s interval and see what happens.

(Edit : there may be a clue in your description.  When you shoot quickly, the camera uses more power and stays warmer.  When you slow down the shot rate, the camera will draw less power. As all the power drawn essentially ends up as heat, drawing less power means that the camera gets colder.  As a temperature of -25 deg C is well outside of the camera's operating range, this might be significant.)
« Last Edit: 12 / February / 2016, 17:17:49 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #727 on: 14 / February / 2016, 04:54:49 »
the camera message is
a camera error was detected
will shut down
restart your camera.

The ROMLOG is
ASSERT!! WBFace.c Line 455
Occured Time  2011:11:14 03:11:16
Task ID: 23461937
Task name: WBCtrl
SP: 0x002FBFB0

I've got the same trouble with the basic CHDK intervalometer.

???
« Last Edit: 14 / February / 2016, 05:07:21 by Toshopo »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #728 on: 14 / February / 2016, 05:01:14 »
the camera message is
Occured Time  2011:11:14 03:11:16
Task ID: 23461937
Is the clock set correctly on your camera? If it is, then this is an old romlog unrelated to the current errors.

It's quite possible your error isn't generating a romlog, usually crashes that generate a romlog don't show anything on the screen.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #729 on: 14 / February / 2016, 05:14:39 »
the occured time is strange … cause the the clock is set correctly.