Save script settings? - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

Save script settings?

• 4 Replies
Save script settings?
« on: 13 / March / 2009, 11:58:16 »
Advertisements
The wiki says the most recent script settings should be saved "between sessions."  But when I power down the camera, and power up again, the default settings are loaded again.  I want to be able to change batteries and start the script up again without having to re-enter that last settings.  The Save Params setting is ON, but it isn't doing that automatically.  Is there something else I need to do, or do I just misunderstand what's supposed to happen?  It seems there should be a file created somewhere on the SD card containing the most recent settings for the script.  No?  Am I supposed to press something to make it save?

Build 719 on an A590IS, if it matters.

Edit:  Never mind.  I don't know exactly what I did, but it seems to be working now.
« Last Edit: 13 / March / 2009, 12:08:14 by peabody »

Offline ewavr

• A710IS
Re: Save script settings?
« Reply #1 on: 13 / March / 2009, 12:06:18 »
You must start script with new settings, then power off the camera.

« Reply #2 on: 13 / March / 2009, 12:09:37 »
Yes, I guess that's what I must have done to get it to work.  You actually have to run the script to get it to save settings, not just change them.  Thanks very much.

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #3 on: 13 / March / 2009, 13:14:35 »
I actually consider this a bug, introduced by one of the juciphox enhancements... allbest builds remembered script settings without running the script. I think I once looked at the code to fix it but it scared me away :blink:.

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #4 on: 13 / March / 2009, 14:50:40 »
well, this way i think there are settings saved for more than one script, plus you can save sets of settings. if i am not mistaken :)