Nube here with Canon 300HS. Trying to extend record time and failing. - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

Nube here with Canon 300HS. Trying to extend record time and failing.

• 1 Replies
Advertisements
Hi there,

I've just discovered this board.

I regularly use Magic Lantern with my Canon 3ti which offers a "restart" function when you hit the 10 minute mark, although you lose a few seconds. It will go all day if you have a big enough card.

I have downloaded and installed CHDK and the menu comes up just fine. When I use the default video recording setting, the camera gives me about 16 minutes - but at varying speeds of around 20 frames per second. I need 24 (23.976 if you are being picky). I have formatted this particular SD 16gig #4 card as ExFat.

Can anyone please advise? Should I use a faster card - like the 32gig #10 cards I use with the 3ti Rebel?

Or maybe I just don't know how to set CHDK to break the 10 minute barrier.

I hope someone can advise me. Or perhaps direct me to some information where a dope like me can understand since I am capable but not brilliant at these things.

Many thanks,

Harry.

Re: Nube here with Canon 300HS. Trying to extend record time and failing.
« Reply #1 on: 23 / April / 2013, 22:57:09 »
I regularly use Magic Lantern with my Canon 3ti which offers a "restart" function when you hit the 10 minute mark, although you lose a few seconds. It will go all day if you have a big enough card.
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Continuous_Video_Scripts

I have formatted this particular SD 16gig #4 card as ExFat.
You'll need to switch that to FAT32 if you want to "autoboot" CHDK on power up

Can anyone please advise? Should I use a faster card - like the 32gig #10 cards I use with the 3ti Rebel?
In general, slower cards will cause video recording to stop fairly quickly at highet resolutions. Using a class 10 card is not guaranteed either but it helps.

« Last Edit: 23 / April / 2013, 22:59:07 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16