eos M10 port - page 20 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

eos M10 port

• 327 Replies
Re: eos M10 port
« Reply #190 on: 13 / April / 2018, 15:35:59 »
Advertisements
Wouldnt a post event to UI work? I mean simulate pushing the arrows. 

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #191 on: 13 / April / 2018, 15:41:43 »
Wouldnt a post event to UI work? I mean simulate pushing the arrows.
Sadly, this is a touchscreen only operation, physical buttons can't move the magnified area.

« Reply #192 on: 13 / April / 2018, 15:44:05 »
I wonder if the ghost UI keyboard task still would respond. Probably not, but Canon may not have bothered to turn it off. 

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #193 on: 13 / April / 2018, 15:53:00 »
I wonder if the ghost UI keyboard task still would respond.
Can you explain/expand this? I have no idea what that "ghost UI keyboard task" is supposed to mean.

« Reply #194 on: 13 / April / 2018, 19:34:10 »
It's just a thought, that there may still be logical Ui events hooked up to the OS which in practice never occur because it's a touch screen, but were there for develop and test purposes. Im assuming there is still a stripped down keyboard task running in the M10? Is it really stripped down? 

Like in the sx60, you only have a single jog dial, but you might simulate the action of the second jog dial which physically doesn't exist, by posting appropriate UI events, that appear to the OS as coming from a ghost device. 

I haven't tried this.  Probably impossible for many reasons that are obvious to someone who has a deeper understanding. 

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #195 on: 14 / April / 2018, 07:13:25 »
It's just a thought, that there may still be logical Ui events hooked up to the OS which in practice never occur because it's a touch screen, but were there for develop and test purposes.
These sort of things do exist (to some extent), but it's the task named CtrlSrv (control server) that handles them. The keyboard task (PhySw) only supplies keyboard events (plus jogdials in D6) to CtrlSrv.
Like in the sx60, you only have a single jog dial, but you might simulate the action of the second jog dial which physically doesn't exist, by posting appropriate UI events, that appear to the OS as coming from a ghost device.
The M10 also supports a nonexisting jogdial, but it's only effective in playback mode and therefore not really useful.
The logical events I mentioned recently (related to magnified liveview) likely only exist on the EOS M series, since that feature was never present in PowerShots.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #196 on: 08 / May / 2018, 14:33:18 »
I have enabled movie mode support for all supported fw versions.
Since 110f and 110g are untested (I have a 110d camera), those ports might be broken starting at revision 5013. Please leave a note in this thread if that happened, so that we can fix it.

edit:
Important: maximum achievable video bitrate is approx. 41000 kbit/s.
« Last Edit: 08 / May / 2018, 15:58:57 by srsa_4c »

« Reply #197 on: 08 / May / 2018, 14:59:22 »
Great, I will try as soon as possible with mine (110f).

« Reply #198 on: 12 / May / 2018, 14:17:32 »
I have enabled movie mode support for all supported fw versions.
Since 110f and 110g are untested (I have a 110d camera), those ports might be broken starting at revision 5013. Please leave a note in this thread if that happened, so that we can fix it.

edit:
Important: maximum achievable video bitrate is approx. 41000 kbit/s.

Hi, I installed the latest firmware and runs well in my M10 (110f). I can see the video menu in the alt-menu.
Now for the questions. First of all my camera (as well as your I guess) has a switch with three positions: automatic photos, regular photos, videos.
This is already a source of confusion for me because I can get pictures and videos from any of the three positions of the switch, so why to put it? But as far as I understood on the auto mode everything is automatic, on the camera mode it is possible to specify the parameters for the camera but not the one for the video that it is still automatic, and from the video mode it is possible to specify the video parameters and not the one of the camera. Fair enough. Then what is the video mode that you mention and in which selection does it works?

I tried from chdkptp to select the video mode but it tells me that I can use only play or record (actually I used the python wrapper with camera.switch_mode('video')) but I wasn't expected anything different because I doubt that an hardware selector can be overridden by a software command. So what exactly is the video mode?

Sorry for the long post, it is more about my confusion about the subject than to debug your new firmware, but if I understand what I can test, I will do it.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #199 on: 12 / May / 2018, 15:12:15 »
Then what is the video mode that you mention and in which selection does it works?
In CHDK context, "movie mode support" means a certain set of extra features associated with video recordings.
On this camera, these features are:
- Ability to modify the video stream's bitrate. Constant and variable bitrate modes (CBR, VBR) are available, you can select one of these in "video parameters" -> "video mode". In CBR mode, "video parameters" -> "video bitrate" can be used to select the constant bitrate (it ranges from 1/4 of factory bitrate to 3x factory bitrate). In VBR modes, "video parameters" -> "video bitrate" specifies the maximum bitrate that will be used, and "vbr minimum bitrate" specifies how many percent of the maximum bitrate will be the minimum bitrate. Video bitrate will not exceed 41000 kbit/s, regardless of the selected multiplier ("video parameters" -> "video bitrate").
- Time based video restrictions are lifted. The new time limit is 3 hours for a single recording. I did not actually test this, but I believe it should work.
File size based restrictions are unchanged. If video files are limited to 4 GB (the manual says so, I think), recording will stop when that amount is reached.

It does not matter which camera mode is used when recording videos, the overrides should be effective.