CHDK-Shell compiler not updating DISKBOOT.BIN - page 2 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

CHDK-Shell compiler not updating DISKBOOT.BIN

• 14 Replies

Offline reyalp

Re: CHDK-Shell compiler not updating DISKBOOT.BIN
« Reply #10 on: 12 / July / 2009, 17:17:27 »
Advertisements
Code: [Select]
gmake PLATFORM=a590 PLATFORMSUB=101b clean firWill do a complete, from scratch rebuild of your platform. If you don't have the FI2 stuff, it won't attempt to build an FI2, but it will build diskboot.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline whim

• A495/590/620/630 ixus70/115/220/230/300/870 S95
« Reply #11 on: 13 / July / 2009, 04:47:35 »
@Pluto

about using CHDK-Shell:

I suggest you clone your untouched SVN source first (double rectangle symbol left of build version) and apply your modifications on that.
Original and modded versions will be in completely separate directories that way - that should make sure the way directories are cleaned has no influence on your binaries.
Could you try that, please ?

wim

PS Also note, that there's no need to change your PATH to use CHDK-Shell: it uses a cmd batch file to control compilation, which allows it to change/restore the path on the fly without influence on the PATH seen by other applications.

« Last Edit: 13 / July / 2009, 05:21:58 by whim »

« Reply #12 on: 13 / July / 2009, 08:35:34 »
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to delete and reinstall the compilers and source and go from there. It's stressed me out so it might not be today. I hope there isn't a problem but if there is I'll try it in a VM of bare Windows XP. Something external might be interfering but that's only a stab in the dark.

Just to double check: If I change gui_lang.c as suggested it's reflected in the .o file. This should produce a visible change on the menu in CHDK? Also, if I hardcode the CAM_COLORMATRIX1 in dng.c line 19 it should change the Colour Matrix values reported by DNGGetMatrix?

During compile I noticed this:

CAUTION! 'signatures_dryos.h' is not updated due to 'sig_ref_dryos_1.bin` is empty!

&

CAUTION! 'stubs_entry.S' is not updated due to target firmware binary not found!

It doesn't mean anything critical does it?

I also noticed that a "clean" didn't delete the DISKBOOT.BIN at the start but a new one gets created if I delete it manually. Again, I don't know if that means anything.

I'll see about doing this later and report back what happens. I hope it works because I don't fancy writing up a full report.

Offline whim

• A495/590/620/630 ixus70/115/220/230/300/870 S95
« Reply #13 on: 13 / July / 2009, 09:39:04 »
CAUTION! 'signatures_dryos.h' is not updated due to 'sig_ref_dryos_1.bin` is empty!

that is 'normal'

also, no need to worry about the cleaning: intermediate binaries (*.o etc.) are cleaned before - (std. makefile does this) and after compilation (by CHDK-Shell)

CHDK-Shell overwrites existing archives in the /bin directory only in case of name conflicts.

You might also want to read the porting thread for your cam (http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,2361.0.html) to find and PM someone involved in the porting to ask if changing your CAM_COLORMATRIX1 is known to work / not work

good luck,

wim

« Last Edit: 13 / July / 2009, 09:53:55 by whim »

« Reply #14 on: 13 / July / 2009, 11:08:25 »
I'll be having a go with the ready made GCC compiler and CHDK-Shell.

I've created my own Color Matrix and used DNGSetMatrix to test it. It's fine. I've got some plans and they depend on a successful first compile. Once we get there I can go further.

I'm baffled why this is a problem but I've learned a few things and we may be a little closer.

Thanks for the help. It's appreciated.