Locked in "Autostart" - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

Locked in "Autostart"

• 5 Replies
Locked in "Autostart"
« on: 19 / September / 2011, 22:21:06 »
Advertisements
Have a Cannon A700 and activated the autostart from the Script. My camera is now locked out of doing anything when the software is on. No matter what buttons I push nothing changes, I simply have the Cannon start up screen. When the camera is turned off the lens retracts and then reopens and it does this repeatedly. Really could use some help in as I like the program.

Re: Locked in "Autostart"
« Reply #1 on: 19 / September / 2011, 22:27:50 »
Have a Cannon A700 and activated the autostart from the Script. My camera is now locked out of doing anything when the software is on. No matter what buttons I push nothing changes, I simply have the Cannon start up screen. When the camera is turned off the lens retracts and then reopens and it does this repeatedly. Really could use some help in as I like the program.

Press the shutter release button to halt a running script.  Then change the autostart option in the menu to "off" or change the script or do whatever you need to do.

Update :  if that fails, pull the SD card out of your camera and use an SD card reader to delete the CCHDK.CFG file from the CHDK directory on your SD card.  Put the card back into your camera and you will be back to the original state when you first installed CHDK.

« Last Edit: 19 / September / 2011, 22:37:18 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #2 on: 19 / September / 2011, 22:38:50 »
Now I get the title "started" in the lower left corner but still nothing happens when I push any of the buttons. This is with holding down the shutter button.

« Reply #3 on: 19 / September / 2011, 22:45:57 »
That worked with the delete. Thank you very much! Have I lost anything in this deletion? Opening screen looks good as I had left it.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #4 on: 19 / September / 2011, 22:50:25 »
That worked with the delete. Thank you very much! Have I lost anything in this deletion? Opening screen looks good as I had left it.
Your options (osd settings, raw, filenames etc) will have been reset to default.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #5 on: 19 / September / 2011, 23:02:38 »
Your options (osd settings, raw, filenames etc) will have been reset to default.

In this case,  getting back to a know good state is probably a good thing.

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16