g9 and vers.req does not work - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

g9 and vers.req does not work

• 4 Replies
g9 and vers.req does not work
« on: 04 / July / 2009, 14:01:08 »
Advertisements
I am a newbie to chdk, I own a g9 and  I am having problems getting vers.req to work.

I created an empty ver.txt file with notebook (WIN XP) and renamed it to ver.req and copyed it to the root directory of a 2 gig ULTRA II Sandisk SD card with 4 photos on it, and put the card back in the camera. Pressing and holding FUNC. SET. quickly followed by pressing DISPLAY yields Firemware Ver. 1.0.0.0 as though the ver.req file was not there. The file was definitly in the root directory. I renamed the file to vers.req and got the same results. I even capitalized the name to VERS.REQ and that too did not work. So whats up.

The camera was bought at Henry's in Canada and the serial number is 5151100442

Offline Hacki

• EOS 80D
Re: g9 and vers.req does not work
« Reply #1 on: 04 / July / 2009, 14:10:45 »
[..] (WIN XP) [..]

Sure its vers.req and not vers.req.txt? Check in explorer in the menu "Tools" -> "Folder Options" -> "View" whether  "Hide extensions for known file types" is set.

« Reply #2 on: 04 / July / 2009, 14:22:13 »
Oh, at Henry's? Canada? Sorry, we can't help you there, pal. This project isnt called canadian harry's development kit, know i'm sayin.

Joking of course. Sorry, couldnt resist. The almighty hacki is on the right track i guess. Also note that its a Q in vers.req,  like Al Quaeda, not a G like George bush (though both are G's in a hiphop sense: gangstas!). Word.

« Reply #3 on: 04 / July / 2009, 14:46:16 »
The file is vers.req and not vers.req.txt and I did go back and double check.

« Reply #4 on: 04 / July / 2009, 14:50:51 »
I read your post again, completly this time and you where right thanks.