Ixus Wireless - SD430 Porting thread - page 6 - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum  

Ixus Wireless - SD430 Porting thread

• 131 Replies

Offline ahull

Re: Ixus Wireless - SD430 Porting thread
« Reply #50 on: 10 / October / 2013, 08:58:50 »
Advertisements
The latest updates certainly fix the RAW image issue.  This looks pretty good to me, and RawTherapee seems happy with it too. (Note: If you need to see the original .DNG file, let me know. Google images will convert to a .jpg, so that is what appears below)

We still have a stability problem. With CHDK loaded, the camera will crash while attempting to take a 2nd image. In light of the previous comments I am going to try a different SD card, formatted in the camera.
« Last Edit: 10 / October / 2013, 09:49:36 by ahull »

Offline ahull

« Reply #51 on: 10 / October / 2013, 09:47:19 »
With a fresh SD card, low level formatted on the camera, and the camera factory reset, the problem still remains.
If I take a couple of pictures, the camera will crash. I don't need to remove the battery to recover, as it will respond to the power button.

Without CHDK loaded, I can take as many pictures as I like, shoot video, play things back. Camera is fine. Looks like a bug in CHDK. What do you want me to check next?

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #52 on: 10 / October / 2013, 13:12:34 »
We still have a stability problem. With CHDK loaded, the camera will crash while attempting to take a 2nd image.
Does it matter whether RAW/DNG is on or off? Can you record videos?
Try to observe the LED that blinks when saving a file, does it stop blinking after the shot?
Try using the RAM dumper, and see whether you get the crash.

Offline ahull

« Reply #53 on: 10 / October / 2013, 16:38:45 »
It seems I may be mistaken here. Shooting is not actually the root of the problem.

The camera will not crash in playback mode. You can sit in this mode with CHDK loaded forever.
Changing to Shoot mode or Video mode will cause the camera to crash after a few seconds.
I am still trying to work out what exactly is the root cause.

If you are quick, in Shoot mode or Video mode, you can take a picture and return to Play mode and the camera wont always crash (but does sometimes).

One observation, not probably relevant, but none the less interesting. When it does crash while taking a shot, this can leave the shutter closed and the lens out, giving a black image while attempting to shoot a further picture. Interestingly this is not cleared by removing the battery, but  is only cleared by taking a further picture.

Attached ROMLOG.LOG
« Last Edit: 10 / October / 2013, 17:16:56 by ahull »

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #54 on: 10 / October / 2013, 17:16:51 »
The camera will not crash in playback mode. You can sit in this mode with CHDK loaded forever.
Changing to Shoot mode or Video mode will cause the camera to crash after a few seconds.
So, it's not about the number of shots taken, it's time. I assume you still can't start CHDK via diskboot, and the diskboot crash results in the same kind of romlog?

The problem is, your romlogs show a crash in InitFileModules task - which should be hooked by CHDK - but the log shows no CHDK related RAM addresses. It could be that something's wrong with that task's copied code.

Is your platform/generic/main.c unchanged?

Offline ahull

« Reply #55 on: 10 / October / 2013, 17:18:04 »
I just attached a ROMLOG to my previous post. I think it looks a bit different to my untrained eye.  :D

Offline ahull

« Reply #56 on: 10 / October / 2013, 17:31:58 »
So, it's not about the number of shots taken, it's time. I assume you still can't start CHDK via diskboot, and the diskboot crash results in the same kind of romlog?

Yes it still crashes if I attempt to diskboot

The problem is, your romlogs show a crash in InitFileModules task - which should be hooked by CHDK - but the log shows no CHDK related RAM addresses. It could be that something's wrong with that task's copied code.

Is this true of the latest ROMLOG.LOG?

I would need to check. I think so, but would need to diff against a fresh copy of the chdk trunk to be sure.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #57 on: 10 / October / 2013, 17:48:29 »
No, the latest is a "data abort", due to corrupted RAM...

I would need to check. I think so, but would need to diff against a fresh copy of the chdk trunk to be sure.
(I gave an advice a few pages ago to disable task overrides there, that's why I'm asking).

Side note: another oddity; cameras of this generation have a mixed binary + text romlog, your cam however writes text only logs.

Offline ahull

« Reply #58 on: 11 / October / 2013, 08:12:52 »
No, the latest is a "data abort", due to corrupted RAM...
Interesting, how do I go about finding the cause.

platform/generic/main.c  is unaltered, I downloaded a fresh copy just to be sure.

(I gave an advice a few pages ago to disable task overrides there, that's why I'm asking).

Side note: another oddity; cameras of this generation have a mixed binary + text romlog, your cam however writes text only logs.

I suspect there is quite a lot about this particular model that is different, that's one of the reasons I thought it would be interesting to port. It was, after all the first canon  P&S to have WiFi so far as I know.
« Last Edit: 11 / October / 2013, 12:05:39 by ahull »

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #59 on: 11 / October / 2013, 16:11:05 »
@ahull (or nafraf)

You could start experimenting by disabling task hooks. The code is in platform/generic/main.c, inside createHook(). You can disable a certain task replacement by commenting out the respective
*entry =
line. The following are not active for this port, no need for commenting: filewritetask, exp_drv_task, movie_record_hook.
"tPhySw" is the keyboard task, if you remove it, you can no longer interact with CHDK.
"tInitFileM" is used to make multiple partitions possible.
"tCaptSeqTa" is responsible for managing taking stills and it's also active in movie mode.
... and there is _CreateTask("SpyTask", 0x19, 0x2000, spytask, 0);
You could start with disabling all 4, and then checking stability.
If stable, re-enable spytask, if still stable, re-enable tPhySw, etc...
« Last Edit: 11 / October / 2013, 16:21:05 by srsa_4c »