Adding feature support "File Write Task" (FWT): 52 Cams || 41 done || 11 to go - page 21 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Adding feature support "File Write Task" (FWT): 52 Cams || 41 done || 11 to go

• 258 Replies

Offline nafraf

Advertisements
Thanks. Changes to a450 and a460 commited to trunk, rev 4175

Patches to a550, a560, and a570 in attachment.

EDIT: Patch to ixus70 in attachment
« Last Edit: 15 / June / 2015, 00:48:33 by nafraf »

Offline koshy

Thanks a lot. I compiled them but am too tired to test them tonight. I'll report back when I have tested them.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline nafraf

Two more patches: ixus55_sd450 and ixus60_sd600

Offline koshy

Thanks a lot. I compiled them but am too tired to test them tonight. I'll report back when I have tested them.
Déjà-vu. I downloaded the two new patches and compiled them, too. The main reason for coming to the forum tonight was to let you know that this week has been too busy and that I'd test the three I already have next week. Well, now we can make that five. That's really great as if it works out were down to 13 on the list. Thanks nafraf.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

Offline koshy

Alright, finally - sorry for the delay.

A550

- as mentioned on the kbd.c thread only powers on using play button
- FWT works in single and continuous mode
    - but switching to Play in either cases causes the CHDKPTP connection to be dropped
    - this is not a crash, one can press connect again, press Rec and go on
    - in Play mode the unknown image screen shows and after that CHDKPTP says ERROR: not connected

There also is a problem with the UI overlay. What's displayed alternates between odd and even button presses, that is many items are not visible every second time and generally the color is off.

Offline koshy

A560

All the same problems and findings as A550 except:

- A560 does power on using power button
- A560 crashes when switching to play after having shot by FWT in continuous mode
    (rs -jpg -cont=5)
    - when not in continuous mode the CHDKPTP connection is lost as was the case for A550
    - I'm attaching ROMLOG etc. for you to this post.

Offline koshy

A570

- FWT works fine in both single and continuous mode including switching to Play and back
- has the same UI overlay situation as A550 and A560 but that's all it seems

So, I'm marking FWT as done for A570

Offline koshy

IXUS 55

FWT works in both single and continuous mode including switching to play and back
So I'm crossing I55 off the list, too.

- UI overlay on I55 does not refresh, you get the first screen and that's all
    - unless you see the cam's display you're blind in CHDKPTP
- the palette color is not right either

Offline koshy

IXUS 60

FWT works in both single and continuous modes including switching to play and back
No palette or UI overlay problems. Everything worked perfectly in CHDKPTP

Offline koshy

IXUS 70

FWT works in both single and continuous modes including switching to play and back

- there is a palette problem, basically there is just gray and transparent with no colors
- in CHDKPTP there also is a palette problem
- there is the same situation as on A550-A570 with every even button press failing in terms of UI overlay
« Last Edit: 03 / July / 2015, 20:43:40 by koshy »