A590is Video Compression Unlock - how probable? - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

A590is Video Compression Unlock - how probable?

• 2 Replies
A590is Video Compression Unlock - how probable?
« on: 19 / February / 2009, 19:53:27 »
Advertisements
Hey Guys:

I'm a new owner of an A590 bought on discount, and CHDK was a major reason why I got this camera. While loading up the CHDK, it seems that the video compression controls are not yet unlocked (bitrate is more or less constant no matter how I adjust the settings, then I read the wiki.. :P) As motion jpeg is already a very inefficient compression, I was counting on CHDK to alleviate that problem.

Seeing how it's not yet available to the A590is, and that the camera is on its way out of the lineup, I have to wonder the feasibility of this feature being ported, and whether the community of gurus here at CHDK had not abandoned it. Just want to get a better idea on where this camera is on video capability after CHDK, since video shooting is fairly important to me.

Thanks so much! I'm still trying to figure out more than half of the functions of CHDK, but the ones I've found so far already got me overwhelmed. I love it, and grateful for those who put so much work into this wonder.

Best,

Ciac

Re: A590is Video Compression Unlock - how probable?
« Reply #1 on: 20 / February / 2009, 08:53:28 »
hi ciaconne,it seems that yet  Video Compression Unlock , yesterday i bought a590is, i have question you? are u problem with viwefinder, my a590is viwe finder in middel area have unclear but upper and downer is clear,Are you this problem?

and i want from develpers that complete chdk for a590 for video comperssion.

with my bwest regards
« Last Edit: 20 / February / 2009, 08:55:19 by Ashkan »

Re: A590is Video Compression Unlock - how probable?
« Reply #2 on: 04 / March / 2009, 16:01:55 »
i put on my glasses to check the viewfinder (normally i wouldn't even look that hard.. just a general composition window), and it looks mostly even to me.

That said, on the several A590is I check out, there is quite a bit of quality variance, and the Q/C is still a bit problematic. The image sharpness was also not even, with results indicating serious deviation on lens performance. Some even has obvious problems with noisy zooming and even clicking sounds/shifting barrels. Overall, A590's quality isn't all that confidence inspiring.

Otherwise, it's a good camera, if you get a good sample. :P

hi ciaconne,it seems that yet  Video Compression Unlock , yesterday i bought a590is, i have question you? are u problem with viwefinder, my a590is viwe finder in middel area have unclear but upper and downer is clear,Are you this problem?

and i want from develpers that complete chdk for a590 for video comperssion.

with my bwest regards