PowerShot SX220 HS - Porting Thread - page 49 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum  

PowerShot SX220 HS - Porting Thread

• 563 Replies
Re: PowerShot SX220 HS - Porting Thread
« Reply #480 on: 06 / March / 2012, 15:36:21 »
Advertisements
I am experiencing a performance issue when the camera is set to burst mode and CHDK is loaded. With the same card the "native" (CHDK not loaded) burst mode is twice as fast as when CHDK is active. I have RAW mode disabled and I've tried different settings including disabling overrides. There is still something going on every time the camera takes picture, perhaps some background process that slows the things significantly. Can some one comment on this and perhaps suggest a solution?

Thanks,
Nick

Are you using the latest version?
There was a recent change that fixed this for the SX40, and may help with the SX220 as well.

Phil.

I am using sx220hs-101c-1.0.0-1699-full_BETA. Should I revert to the previous version?

« Reply #481 on: 06 / March / 2012, 15:43:38 »
Update: I've just tried sx220hs-101c-1.0.0-1704-full_BETA, same slow burst mode.

« Reply #482 on: 08 / March / 2012, 18:48:23 »

Are you using the latest version?
There was a recent change that fixed this for the SX40, and may help with the SX220 as well.

Phil.

Hi Phil,

Any chance this will be fixed for SX220 too? It does not seem to have been fixed yet.

Thanks,
Nick

Offline lpf

« Reply #483 on: 09 / March / 2012, 14:01:10 »
Hello
trying all different  time lapse scripts available, using different settings on the camera, I did not managed to have interval shorter than two seconds. Does anyone know how to be near 1 sec interval and if possible?
My preferred settings: Manual exp, manual focus, no review, no assist lamp.
Thanks.

« Reply #484 on: 09 / March / 2012, 17:23:12 »
trying all different  time lapse scripts available, using different settings on the camera, I did not managed to have interval shorter than two seconds. Does anyone know how to be near 1 sec interval and if possible?
When you try to get below two seconds,  the time needed to write to the SD card becomes important.  You can try a fast card ( class 10 - assuming you can get one that is really class 10 and not a counterfeit) or have the camera save in a more compressed format.  Try saving the files at the lowest resolution jpg format and see how quickly can shoot?

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline funnel

« Reply #485 on: 10 / March / 2012, 03:35:41 »
Hello
Thanks.

You could use a script that holds the shoot button in continuous shooting mode.

Like this one
Code: [Select]
@title Continuous:
print ""
print ""
print "Continuous-drive:"
press "shoot_half"
sleep 3000
press "shoot_full"
gosub "waitpress"
release "shoot_full"
release "shoot_half"
print "Done..."
print ""
end

:waitpress
wait_click
return

Offline lpf

« Reply #486 on: 10 / March / 2012, 07:50:03 »
Hello funnel
I'll try this but the camera has to be in continuous or single frame? Thanks.

Offline funnel

« Reply #487 on: 10 / March / 2012, 09:57:49 »
The camera has to be in continuous drive mode.

Offline lpf

« Reply #488 on: 10 / March / 2012, 12:22:18 »
Tested ans works great. Very fast shooting. I do not see any parameters...

Offline funnel

« Reply #489 on: 11 / March / 2012, 08:57:59 »
I am experiencing a performance issue when the camera is set to burst mode and CHDK is loaded. With the same card the "native" (CHDK not loaded) burst mode is twice as fast as when CHDK is active. I have RAW mode disabled and I've tried different settings including disabling overrides. There is still something going on every time the camera takes picture, perhaps some background process that slows the things significantly. Can some one comment on this and perhaps suggest a solution?

Thanks,
Nick

The interesting thing is that this happens only when you start CHDK with the firmware update method. Starting CHDK from a locked SD card solves the slow HQ burst problem.