Default values in CHDK? - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

Default values in CHDK?

• 6 Replies
Default values in CHDK?
« on: 03 / December / 2018, 12:49:17 »
Advertisements
Hello!

We use Canon A590IS for micrograph registration from scanning electron microscope. It's very useful, but it'll be much better, if CHDK parameters would be saved after camera's shutt down.

We always need the same CHDK parameters - 38 sec exposition, minimal ISO, specific focus distance, etc. They are described in the "Enchanced photo operations" section.  And after shutting down and starting again all number values are saved, but checkboxes  to the left of the numbers are cleared.

Could I do something for checking this checkboxes automaticaly after the startup?

Re: Default values in CHDK?
« Reply #1 on: 03 / December / 2018, 12:57:17 »
The last menu choice in the Enhanced Photo Operations menu is "Disable Overrides on Startup". Did you uncheck that one?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #2 on: 03 / December / 2018, 13:15:11 »
waterwingz, yes. But it affects for work of the settings, not for saving them, :--(.

Default values in CHDK?
« Reply #3 on: 03 / December / 2018, 13:20:20 »
waterwingz, yes. But it affects for work of the settings, not for saving them, :--(.
Are you certain?

I just tested on my S100 and if that box is not checked then the values of all the other check boxes and numbers in the Enhanced Photo Operations menu are saved on power off and restored when power is turned back on.

Edit : your comment seems to refer to the first item in the menu, which is  "Disable Overrides"
« Last Edit: 03 / December / 2018, 13:31:16 by waterwingz »

« Reply #4 on: 03 / December / 2018, 13:23:57 »
Hmm... Probably, it's because CR1220 clock battery in the camera is down?..
Tomorrow I'll buy new one, and test, in this case.

Default values in CHDK?
« Reply #5 on: 03 / December / 2018, 13:26:09 »
Hmm... Probably, it's because CR1220 battery in the camera is down?..
Tomorrow I buy new one, and test, in this case.
I don't think so.  The CHDK menu values are stored on the SD card. No battery required.

You might lose the date and time setting, and maybe some of the Canon menu settings with an expired battery.

Please note the edit I added to my previous post.

« Reply #6 on: 03 / December / 2018, 13:28:44 »
Your comment seems to refer to the first item in the menu, which is  "Disable Overrides"
YES!!! THANK YOU!!!
I had not listed the menu down, and had not found this item.
Now I uncheck it, and the checkboxes are saved!
« Last Edit: 03 / December / 2018, 13:31:36 by APLe »