How 2 flash the dumped firmware back to the camera? reload the firmware 2 SD1000 - Firmware Dumping - CHDK Forum

How 2 flash the dumped firmware back to the camera? reload the firmware 2 SD1000

• 3 Replies
Advertisements
Hello!
i have ixus 70 101b firmware!
but my camera have some bugs... like ... when it starts the F=8.0 and when i select digital macro scene the camera freezes!...
so i like to reload the 101b dumped firmware from someone else  camera... or load some other dumped firmare version!
but... canon dont have any firmare files for ixus 70 = sd1000 = ixy 10...
any help guys? How To load to my camera your already dumped files for ixus 70?
« Last Edit: 13 / July / 2008, 06:32:41 by azyx »

Offline jeff666

• A720IS
so i like to reload the 101b dumped firmware from someone else  camera...

Which would show the same behaviour that your camera shows.

or load some other dumped firmare version!

Even if we knew how to overwrite the flash, nobody here would recommend writing just any firmware to your device. Chances that it would stop working at all are quite high.
If you want a fixed firmware you should ask canon. They know how their cameras work and what to pay attention for on each device.

Cheers.

Hello! Thank you for reply... I already ask canon... and they told me to visit the canon repair center to fix it if its possible :(
so i would like to try flash the firmware if somebody tell  me how...   if i brick it... then i will search  how to unbrick it :)

or load some other dumped firmare version!
I  think that some values in the  firmware changed and it is the reason for the problem,,,
I dumped the firmware of my camera and try to compare it to already dumped to see where is the diferences...