I created a higher quality banner for the Wiki, how/can I go about adding it? - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

I created a higher quality banner for the Wiki, how/can I go about adding it?

• 3 Replies
Advertisements
Hello, I created a higher quality banner for the CHDK Wiki. Am I allowed to add it, and if so, how should I go about adding it? Also do let me know if this is the right board to put this in.

Here is the new high(er) quality images + the GIMP project file if you would like to edit it. Note one of them is transparent and thus can be difficult to see the text on. Additionally, I didn't match the font nor the exact slant of the text. The font I used is called "Nirmala UI Bold" and is pre-installed with Windows 11. It is similar, however to the original font used in the banner.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1098348993999806495/1135726885494599720/NewCHDKBanner.xcf

Lastly, this is the original banner for comparison.

Sent from my Canon PowerShot SX410 IS

Offline Mlapse

• S95 S110
very nice looking.
even if resized to the small header logo the few different details on the wheel make it easy to recognize as new.

frustration is a key ingredient in progress

Offline reyalp

Hello, I created a higher quality banner for the CHDK Wiki. Am I allowed to add it, and if so, how should I go about adding it? Also do let me know if this is the right board to put this in.
It's possible there's additional restrictions on the home page, but I believe if you are registered on the wiki you should be able to edit.

You should be able to replace the image by clicking on the image, then "more info" and then "upload a new version". That should replace all existing instances of the image, but in this case, it's only used on the home page (you can see usage in the "more info") screen.  The previous version should stay available in the history.

You can also upload / add / replace images by editing the page, using the image icon in the toolbar at the top of the editor.

I agree your version is definitely an improvement.

Also, thanks for checking here on the forum, while edits are generally welcome, it's nice to have a post on the forum before changing high profile stuff like that.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Thanks for the info! I'm going to do one or two minor changes, then add the image to the wiki. I appreciate it!
Sent from my Canon PowerShot SX410 IS