<ALT> mode access on G7? - AllBest's Builds - CHDK Forum

<ALT> mode access on G7?

• 3 Replies
<ALT> mode access on G7?
« on: 02 / January / 2008, 22:33:28 »
Advertisements
Newbie here, my first look at CHDK.  I've just installed build 16 on my G7 (several times).

I was able to switch into <ALT> mode once, in capture mode, change a few settings and play.  After restarting, I was unable to get back into <ALT> mode using the direct print button.  After a couple of reinstallations I tried direct print in playback mode and got the <ALT> menu again.  I set Make Card Bootable, shut down,  removed the card, locked it, and reinserted.  I have never seen <ALT> mode again.

CHDK is installing.  I get the splash screen and the battery indicator appears, both in playback and capture modes, but I can't get to the menu.  I have reformatted the card and reinstalled CHDK from scratch, but it makes no difference.

Any ideas?

TIA,

Bill

Re: <ALT> mode access on G7?
« Reply #1 on: 02 / January / 2008, 22:50:25 »
A couple more data points:  The G7 is version 1.00j.  I've installed Fingalo's build and it's working as expected.

Bill

« Reply #2 on: 07 / January / 2008, 08:10:46 »
Hi, bilmor !
You wrote "I was able to switch into <ALT> mode once, in capture mode, change a few settings and play. "
What options did you change?
Thanks!

« Reply #3 on: 07 / January / 2008, 08:43:30 »
Additionally. You can delete the file "chdk.cfg". In this case settings will return back to its initial state