Can't access 2gb card - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Can't access 2gb card

• 4 Replies
Can't access 2gb card
« on: 24 / January / 2008, 17:55:40 »
Advertisements
I have a 1gb that I can put CHDK onto successfully but my 2gb card formats fine in-camera but can't be read by my external card reader. Anyhting I can do correct that or should I just try (buy) another card reader?

Offline zdravko

• [ S3 IS ]
Re: Can't access 2gb card
« Reply #1 on: 24 / January / 2008, 18:17:42 »
Sounds very similar to what happened to me some months ago. I own a 2GB SanDisk Ultra II SD card and I am still using this card with my S3 camera. When I bought this memory card, I could read/write without any problems from the built-in card reader of my laptop. But suddenly something happened and the card reader no longer recognizes this card. I have another 1GB card, which the reader accesses successfully. The strange thing is that this same reader can access my girfriend's SD card which is 2GB  SanDisk Extreme III.
I tried to reinstall the card reader's drivers but this was of no help. So I gave up and bought an "el-cheapo" USB card reader from eBay for 1 pound. The advantage is that this small USB card reader can be used as USB flash drive (if the SD card is not full with photos  :) )

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
« Reply #2 on: 25 / January / 2008, 02:07:08 »
If the reader is old enough it can not read cards larger than 1GB. I have internal one which refuses to work with 2/4GB cards.
CHDK Developer.

« Reply #3 on: 25 / January / 2008, 02:42:30 »
Cheers guys, I may replace the card reader. Interestingly my card is also a 2GB SanDisk Ultra II SD

Offline Pauls9

• S3 IS
« Reply #4 on: 25 / January / 2008, 05:04:21 »
... or get the Sandisk Ultra II Plus, which comes with a built-in USB interface.