CHDK UI version 3.0 ? - page 3 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

CHDK UI version 3.0 ?

• 35 Replies

Offline ftm

Re: CHDK UI version 3.0 ?
« Reply #20 on: 13 / January / 2018, 04:19:49 »
Advertisements
Could you please post a test version of this with the SX 700 port? (If you get there)
@mastodon -- please see the sx700hs porting thread. I've attached the build there.

« Reply #21 on: 13 / January / 2018, 14:12:03 »
Updated patch file (r5) attached to first post of this thread.

Ongoing changes are :
  • Added a "Huge" theme that uses larger fonts.
  • Tweaked the color options to be more readable and rational.
  • Add field for control of Neutral Density filter.
  • Change the function keys used by G16

The ND filter stuff does not actually work yet. Probably need to disable the field for camera's that don't have one as well.

@ftm :  if you send me your sx700 platform_camera.h settings I will add to future patch files  (same offer for anyone else testing this)
« Last Edit: 13 / January / 2018, 14:18:15 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #22 on: 13 / January / 2018, 16:53:53 »
The ND filter stuff does not actually work yet. Probably need to disable the field for camera's that don't have one as well.
Did a bunch of changes to the ND filter stuff.  It's now "mode aware" - meaning :
  • in Canon mode it just shows as being in AUTO
  • in M mode, the choices are IN or OUT (no auto)
  • in Tv or Av priority modes, the choices are AUTO, IN, or OUT
Tested as working in M & Canon modes - not currently used in Tv or Av priority modes.  (Av priority mode not working yet either).

Patch file in first post of this thread updated to r6.

CHDK UI version 3.0 - To Do List rev 2
« Reply #23 on: 14 / January / 2018, 10:51:58 »
Todo List V2
As I keep plugging away at this, I think I've got a fairly finite list of when it will be "done". I realize this triggers a "famous last words" warning but here it is :

1) Up to four user selectable choices for the enable / disable controls on the right hand side of the lower line. Choices are :
  • RAW/DNG enable/disable
  • Histogram on/off
  • Edge overlay on/off
  • Zebra on/off
  • Grid on/off
  • OSD on/off
  • USB enable/disable
  • User menu enable/disable
  • Custom Auto ISO enable/disable
  • Dark Frame Subtraction on/off
  • Bracketing on/off
  • Manual flash power

2) Ev offset adjust control (located beside the ND filter control and active in Tv & Av priority modes only)
3) Light meter type display (on half press? based on hooking LCD brighness variables?)
4) Allow shooting in <ALT> mode (full press only starts a script if the cursor is on the script name - which will be its initial position when the UI activates. Otherwise it shoots. Half press can be used to read exposure.)
5) Subject distance override control (future)

I also need a rational way of keeping a consistent UI for cameras that don't have an adjustable aperture and/or ND filter.  Working on that now.

Did I miss anything else useful?

Offline hwntw

« Reply #24 on: 23 / June / 2018, 10:09:46 »
Able to test any builds you care to send me: S100/101a. Ixus 300 HS
[Sorry, none of my compiled builds will run, plus I dont know how Patch works]
Ditto  exposure metering
C
Ixus 300HS S100

Windows 10

« Reply #25 on: 23 / June / 2018, 14:53:01 »
Able to test any builds you care to send me: S100/101a. Ixus 300 HS
Haven't had a lot of time to play with this.  It's only been two years or so. :P

I'll trying building against the current trunk - I can test on my S100 - and post something tomorrow.

Edit : link to builds for you camera sent by PM
« Last Edit: 26 / June / 2018, 09:29:29 by waterwingz »

Offline hwntw

« Reply #26 on: 26 / June / 2018, 18:17:43 »
Hello, thanks for the builds. I am trying out the GUI on my S100.So far I cannot see anything much as I dont see how to display the Alt GUI. Without some documentation and screenshots I doubt I can go any further, I am sorry to say.When I try to use any of the key presses to start the GUI I just get the normal key press and no GUI
Ixus 300HS S100

Windows 10

« Reply #27 on: 26 / June / 2018, 18:34:05 »
So far I cannot see anything much as I dont see how to display the Alt GUI.
Go to the CHDK Settings menu.  The fourth menu item is <ALT> Mode GUI.  Select that and when the sub-menu opens set the Enable menu item to [ on ALT ].  You can also play with the Theme and Colors options later.

Using the [ on ALT ] choice will cause the GUI to be active each time you enter <ALT> mode.  If you select [ Video ] or [ Erase ] then you can toggle the GUI on/off while in <ALT> mode using those buttons. The S100 also has a [ Face ] choice but it does not do anything.

Without some documentation and screenshots I doubt I can go any further, I am sorry to say.
Well, a quick look at the CHDK wikia will show that I've done at least my share of writing documentation.  But there is not a lot for this project (yet) - in truth I was sort of hoping it would mostly be obvious  :P

Edit :  the first couple of posts in this thread should actually cover the basics. For example ( https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=13293.msg135196#msg135196 ) explains what I just described at the start of this post.
« Last Edit: 26 / June / 2018, 22:30:18 by waterwingz »

Offline koshy

« Reply #28 on: 26 / June / 2018, 21:09:25 »
@waterwingz I just read through this thread, I like what you are doing here. I'll have to revisit that - it confused me thouroughly enough before - but it may be that having an ISO override along would be good. I'll look at what I have in mind on that subject and will report what I'll find.
Koshy had a little ELPH which wasn't white as snow but everywhere that Koshy went the ELPH was sure to go. (actually an SD, but that detail ruins the rhyme...)

« Reply #29 on: 27 / June / 2018, 00:11:49 »

@waterwingz I'll have to revisit that - it confused me thouroughly enough before - but it may be that having an ISO override along would be good.
My intent was to allow true manual mode exposure where you get to pick the shutter speed, aperture, and ISO setting.  I also threw in shutter and aperture priority modes.

Note that this is different than using the CHDK override menu items. While those allow you to set each parameter individually, if you do not set all three then the unset values use whatever the Canon firmware would have used (with the resulting exposure almost certainly being incorrect and random). 

« Last Edit: 27 / June / 2018, 00:28:52 by waterwingz »