Image Processing on CHDK - Feature Requests - CHDK Forum

Image Processing on CHDK

• 6 Replies
Image Processing on CHDK
« on: 05 / December / 2008, 13:40:03 »
Advertisements
Hi,

I have created some image processing routines and an interface for them.  I call it Pip (for Powershot image processor).  The routines work on the viewport (LCD) image and don't apply to the .jpg files on the camera. 

You can do an auto image enhancement, brightness and contrast changes, hue shifts, saturation changes, determine the mean and Standard deviation in a region of interest, create edge images, do unsharp masking, invert the brightness, etc.
There are 10 disk buffers available for viewport saving and loading.

Because it only works on the viewport it is of limited usefullness.  I am putting these files here in the hope that someone will find it of interest and maybe make some improvements.

For more information see the help file PipHelp.txt.

I have only tested this on my A720 and A570.

The zip file holds the sources of files that I changed.  The build I used was 609.

Offline Hacki

• EOS 80D
Re: Image Processing on CHDK
« Reply #1 on: 05 / December / 2008, 16:52:46 »
Interesting, although i cant get it working. Your patch somehow screws up the keyboard. Entering alt mode now happens by pressing "up" instead of the print button, and navigating through the menu doesnt work anymore either with that bug.

The selected menu entry doesnt get highlighted anymore, which makes navigating even more impossible.. Camera is SX100

« Reply #2 on: 05 / December / 2008, 16:58:50 »
Hi,

I guess the buttons on the SX100 must be a bit different.  I have only tested it on my a570 and a720. 

Jon

Offline PS

• A610 1.00f
« Reply #3 on: 06 / December / 2008, 12:05:46 »
« Last Edit: 18 / August / 2009, 21:21:22 by PS »

Offline Hacki

• EOS 80D
« Reply #4 on: 06 / December / 2008, 12:17:00 »
PS: I dont think that would be very useful. Maybe to see whether a LCD monitor is defective or not, but besides that, i cant think of any use for such a feature. Anyways, its possible to grab such a testimage and overlay it over an image created by the camera, and then reupload it to the camera - it should be displayed, so no need for chdk. besides, we cant exchange the display or calibrate any settings on it...

hiker_jon: I'm unable to reproduce the error i experienced yesterday. (Was unable to enter alt mode, the OSD was screwed up, even though i used a new config). Works now..

I wonder whether that could be implemented into the live view, and if that would influence the AF. In that case, would it may be possible to enhance the AF a little by cranking up the contrast a bit?

Regards

« Reply #5 on: 06 / December / 2008, 13:57:17 »
Hi,

I'm glad you got it to work.  From what I can tell the SX100 has all the same buttons as my A720 so it should work. 

I wonder whether that could be implemented into the live view, and if that would influence the AF. In that case, would it may be possible to enhance the AF a little by cranking up the contrast a bit?

I don't know how AF works.  There might be a separate sensor that determines the contrast. If it is calculated from the image sensor data then the calculation is probably done on the data before it gets converted into YUV and sent to the LCD in live view.  The problem with us trying to write anything in live view is that the camera is continuously writing into the buffer so anything we do will be written over. 

« Reply #6 on: 16 / August / 2013, 14:57:32 »
I may be misunderstanding this development, but under Save the focus screen,
I asked if we could save the magnified center from manual focus, as Canon does with crop mode on some cameras.

Can this application accomplish this?